Carles Gil

bose

I've said this in another thread but I don't think we currently can afford Gil and Grealish in same team. They are selfish luxury players that will look worse when they are along side someone of a similar ilk. Gil, Grealish and Sinclair all looked bad today because there was no one grafting along side them to let them do their thing and we can't have that many lightweight passengers at the moment.

Gil wasn't bad today, he was just largely anonymous like the rest of our luxury players. The defence, Sanchez and Westwood must have had a good 95% of the possession we had today.

• Like 1

Not sure we can afford Gil and Grealish together. Too lightweight. Has Gil played in a winning side in the League yet ?

Thought he did well enough today but was looking tired by the time he came off.

I favour the attacking approach but think we need less skilful more robust players in midfield but with attacking intent.

Not sure we can afford Gil and Grealish together. Too lightweight. Has Gil played in a winning side in the League yet ?

I favour the attacking approach but think we need less skilful more robust players in midfield but with attacking intent.

I don't think we ever need a less skilful player.

problem for Gil is he doesnt look like he can last 90 minutes at the moment

I wonder if Tim could try him a false No.9 with a 3 man attack of Gil, Grealish and Traore, with Sanchez, Gueye and Veretout behind

I don't think we ever need a less skilful player.

I know what you mean but none of the teams weve lost to have had a Gil like player have they ?

Has he ever played in a winning side in the Prem ?

I'm not against him, he is good, and played well first half yesterday, but as I said I'm not sure we can accommodate him and Jack in the same side.....yet.

Edited by terrytini

Obviously, since he has never "played in a winning side in the prem" it's his fault that we haven't won a game whilst he has been in the side. Stunning logic.

Childish reply.

I said no such thing.

Stunning lack of logic.

Edited by terrytini

There are reasons why far stronger sides than us don't want Mata (Murinho) or Januzi (LVG.).

A players skill level is not always the most important thing.

And as I said, we are currently playing 2 like that. I'm not sure we can, yet, accommodate both.

Blame has nothing to do with it.

Â