Carles Gil

bose

Away from home I'd prefer to go with Traore with his pace but think Gil will be a big player for us in home games when teams come to defend, we saw that in his cameo v Sunderland.

Hope he can at least make the bench today although looks unlikely given he hasn't trained. 

Away from home I'd prefer to go with Traore with his pace but think Gil will be a big player for us in home games when teams come to defend, we saw that in his cameo v Sunderland.

Hope he can at least make the bench today although looks unlikely given he hasn't trained. 

He didn't do too badly away from home last time around,. Personally I think we should start with Grealish, Gil and Traore pretty much in every game. 

• Like 2

What injury did he actually sustain? Was it during the game, that knock in the first half he took just before putting Grealish in? Because he carried on looked fine and produced a top drawer finish with this knock. Cant believe he hasnt trained since :(

Calf injury. Hope he an Traore are in for Bloose, rip em a new one

He didn't do too badly away from home last time around,. Personally I think we should start with Grealish, Gil and Traore pretty much in every game. 

Looks good on paper, but that would give you a 2 man midfield, with the three guys behind the striker all being players who don't track back or are a bit lightweight defensively.

Was our best player today IMO, utterly bizarre decision to take him off. 

Can only assume there's a slight injury that he's got.  He's such a good little player.

Hmmm, we have to 'assume' these sorts of things a lot when it comes to Sherwood don't we? He should have stayed on, we needed him. 

must have been a fitness issue.

I didnt think he was great today.. he was our best but that doesnt say much. I dont like him outwide.. i think hes too slow out wide.. and why isnt he taking on players anymore? is he being instructed not to? I noticed Grealish rarely does too.. both have the ability but they just cut back in for the fullbacks to cross an afwul ball instead.

I'm ok with him coming off, but not if Bacuna is the answer.

But I don't think generally Bacuna is "the answer".  If Traore was fit, he'd have come on.

If Gil needed to come off, Bacuna on was probably "the right" substitution in those circumstances.  To be honest, Sherwood's substitutions today were ok.

• Like 1

yeh dont think the boo's for taking him off was justified and pretty unfair iyam. He was our best player today but it was very clear he has been injured this week and theres a very high chance the sub was related to that

Edited by gharperr

But I don't think generally Bacuna is "the answer".  If Traore was fit, he'd have come on.

If Gil needed to come off, Bacuna on was probably "the right" substitution in those circumstances.  To be honest, Sherwood's substitutions today were ok.

Gestede and Ayew weren't the answer the other day, nor Bacuna today. We could have brought Veretout on (known for assists and passing ability), pushed him on, have Westwood and Sanchez in behind him, then Grealish buzzing in behind Gestede and Gabby.

Gestede and Ayew weren't the answer the other day, nor Bacuna today. We could have brought Veretout on (known for assists and passing ability), pushed him on, have Westwood and Sanchez in behind him, then Grealish buzzing in behind Gestede and Gabby.

Bring on Gestede and then remove all width from the game?

No thanks.

Â