Carles Gil

bose

Sherwood didn't see Gil as being suitable for a relegation fight last season. With him now moving the goalposts and claiming we are in the same situation this season too, I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of Gil over the coming games. Hope I'm wrong.

That would be hilarious, and devastating for our side. And very Tim.

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

Jesus Christ. If that's true I'm worried about this team.

"Takes 15 touches when he needs two." - What does he think about Adama then?

Sherwood didn't see Gil as being suitable for a relegation fight last season. With him now moving the goalposts and claiming we are in the same situation this season too, I wouldn't be surprised if we see very little of Gil over the coming games. Hope I'm wrong.

That would be hilarious, and devastating for our side. And very Tim.

Ray Wilkins appeared on ITV before the Leicester game. Off-air he said he doesn't rate Gil. "Takes 15 touches when he needs two.", "Will never score. Will never get the assists he should." and "a very poor man's Spanish midfielder" were some of the golden nuggets to come out of his mouth. Fingers crossed Tim doesn't share this view, but you'd imagine he'd have similar opinions to his assistant manager.

My word. 

Wilkins = idiot if true.

I'm really starting to feel sorry for Gil. He's an obvious talent, and he played what...60-70 mins VS Leicester. In that he scored a wonder goal and created a clear goal scoring opportunity out of nothing for Grealish. Which is a lot more than anyone else is doing. Fair enough he didn't do a lot against WBA but I wanna see him back starting ASAP.

hes a muppet if he thinks Gil isnt any good.

He did nothing to deserve to be dropped..... but they obviously do not rate him as highly as the fans

I think (well, maybe more hope?) he was rested rather than completely dropped.  He's our best player on the ball IMO.

Why would Ray Wilkins be on ITV with Gus Poyet before a Premier League game?

He was with Poyet on ITV for the Italy vs Bulgaria game I believe on 06/09/15 on ITV, I assume that this is when the alleged incident is supposed to have happened

Gil is the player I would leave on the bench at the moment to be fair. I would play Veretout, Gana and Sanchez in the middle and Grealish and Traore out wide

Gil is better than all of those players though, apart from maybe Grealish.

Gil should be getting a lot more game time this season considering how the manager was banging on last season about how we are going to be comfortable and safe and never in this position again

But no yet again were in a relegation battle so i don't expect to see much of him and he will pick the players he "trusts"

Gil is the player I would leave on the bench at the moment to be fair. I would play Veretout, Gana and Sanchez in the middle and Grealish and Traore out wide

We cannot play with just two central midfielders, Gil is simply a luxury we cant afford in the middle. If he was to play it would be as one of the two wide players which I dont think is his best position

We cannot play with just two central midfielders, Gil is simply a luxury we cant afford in the middle. If he was to play it would be as one of the two wide players which I dont think is his best position

What a shit position to be in when Villa fans have to start leaving out our best and most entertaining players.

Such a sad time to be a Villa fan.

Â