Carles Gil

bose

There are reasons why far stronger sides than us don't want Mata (Murinho) or Januzi (LVG.).

A players skill level is not always the most important thing.

And as I said, we are currently playing 2 like that. I'm not sure we can, yet, accommodate both.

Blame has nothing to do with it.

I see no reason why we can't play both, the problem is that having a pairing of Westwood and Sanchez behind them offers no support. We need to play Westwood OR Sanchez, with either Gana or Veretout behind. That way we're not asking for miracles from our 3 most attacking midfielders.

If we can only accommodate one of Gil and grealish then, at this very moment, of be inclined to go with Gil.

But, that being said, I don't agree with that. I think they can both play.

I think we need to be going back to the formation that generally served us well for the last three months of last season- 4-3-2-1.

I'd be more confident at least of getting control of games so for Anfield I'd keep Sanchez in and get him to man mark Coutinho, bring in Veretout for Westwood and pray Gana can come back.

You play two number 10s so at the moment Gil and Grealish can both still play but once Traore is fit I'd bring him in as the pacey option. N'zogbia did that role last season and obviously he's an upgrade.

There are reasons why far stronger sides than us don't want Mata (Murinho) or Januzi (LVG.).

And as I said, we are currently playing 2 like that. I'm not sure we can, yet, accommodate both.

I see no reason why we can't play both, the problem is that having a pairing of Westwood and Sanchez behind them offers no support. We need to play Westwood OR Sanchez, with either Gana or Veretout behind. That way we're not asking for miracles from our 3 most attacking midfielders.

Westwood for me is not a DM, he is too lightweight for that role, he is rolled far too easily and his shying away from Morrisons shot that lead to their goal                                highlights this.

In isolation Sanchez is getting over worked he needs help from another player with DM qualities......To make matters worse Westwood has no goal                                        threat either, so I think his

contribution is a bit limited/weak.

Edited by TRO

Westwood for me is not a DM, he is too lightweight for that role, he is rolled far too easily and his shying away from Morrisons shot that lead to their goal                                highlights this.

In isolation Sanchez is getting over worked he needs help from another player with DM qualities......To make matters worse Westwood has no goal                                        threat either, so I think his

contribution is a bit limited/weak.

I do agree, I only think it should be one or the other as Sanchez has a lot of mistakes in him, and his passing at times is abysmal. This partnered with Westwoods failings makes a very shaky set of DM's. I guess it's down to preference who you'd like to partner Gana/Veretout.

Tim feels for whatever reason hes not up for a fight. He won't play much now that we're in a relegation scrap. That is idiotic.

Sherwoods tactics are idiotic. Playing Westwood next to two defensive midfielders is idiotic. Gil is a link up player. Him in the midfield with two defensive midfielders would have kept us in possession instead of defending deep and losing the ball. Great tactics especially when he himself admits we are always looking like leaking goals. That is idiotic. Westwood just gets in the way. Gil will collect the ball and find our attackers. Liverpool game was perfect for him to play. Tim has nfi.

eh wasnt he injured last week and he didnt look fit the 2 previous games as didnt last 90 minutes plus he missed the derby though doesnt stop the conspiracy theorists returning

are you serious? the previous 2 games where he was our best player and scored our best goal this season? He was a tad quiet against West Brom but so was Grealish etc...they seem to get a bit more time in the side despite their rubbish performances. His 'injury'  wasnt that bad as he played the week after and then was dropped for the derby ( i can understand that one) but not against Liverpool. Should have played.

He didnt last 90 minutes because the manager keeps subbing him. He just scored in one of the games and got taken off. Must of hurt his leg as he was shooting. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by KSV

Â