Carles Gil

bose

Surround Gil with Top 6 talent, and he's a Top 6 player, IMO.

He couldnt get a game at Valencia who are a top 6 Spanish team

Gary Cahill couldn't get a game at Aston Villa

He wasnt as good as Zat Knight or Curtis Davies obviously :P

• Like 1

Surround Gil with Top 6 talent, and he's a Top 6 player, IMO.

He couldnt get a game at Valencia who are a top 6 Spanish team

The difference is in Spain they are blessed with a plethora of silky , skilled players such as him.

• Like 2

so are the top 6 in England, he is no Coutinho, Silva, Mata,De Bruyne, Eriksen, Oscar etc and Arsenal have a load of players like him

he is a good player but ridiculous compare him to top 6 in Premier League. though same thing happened last year when somebody compared him as a mix of Silva and Messi :rolleyes:

To be fair, the frustrating thing is we haven't seen enough of him to know if he's good enough for the top 6 or not, despite him being at the club for nearly 10 months.
I don't think it's outrageous to suggest he could be that good.

I can see the obvious comparisons to Mata and Silva, both of whom were also at Valencia.  Even if he isn't as good as them, his general touch and the fact that he always looks to do something positive to link midfield with attack sets him apart from the rest of our squad IMO.  He has to start tomorrow.

• Like 4

For the attribute we are missing in the team, (piano carriers)......its not his responsibility, he does his job when he gets the chance.

He is getting the blame for what players should be doing and are not.....He is a piano player and he plays it.

For sure, the purists will say you have to try and do both.....They are usually world class, with world class transfer fee's and wages.

Edited by TRO

I can see the obvious comparisons to Mata and Silva, both of whom were also at Valencia.  Even if he isn't as good as them, his general touch and the fact that he always looks to do something positive to link midfield with attack sets him apart from the rest of our squad IMO.  He has to start tomorrow.

Has to start always for me. Without him and Grealish we will rarely create any chances.

Â