Carles Gil

bose

I can't see this as being anything other than good news to be honest.

I think there is probably a little more to it than Sherwood is saying, perhaps around training levels and the comments of Wilkins over the last week or so.

But Gil has clearly responded in the right way and seems to be making an impression on the players and manager which is great news as he clearly has talent.

I was told he was on his way this summer shortly before the cup final so its a welcome surprise.

Looking at the other midfielders we have currently I think we need the creativity he can offer.

It kind of feels like a new signing.

• Like 3

The point scoring on this board lately is ridiculous. Congratulations to everyone that was right!

Good news about Gil, would've been a shame if he'd gone before getting a proper chance.

• Like 3

I think there is probably a little more to it than Sherwood is saying

I get that impression too.

If he'd got the odd appearance then I'd not think anything of it. But it's the fact he didn't play whatsoever. That is still strange to me.

I think we're going to sign Carles Gil from Valencia. He's a 21 year old attacking midfielder who's on loan at Elche at the moment, but I think he'd fit in really well here.

Mind you, we'll probably buy him, we'll be in a relegation battle this season, Lambert will get the sack and then our new manager will drop him because he's not the kind of player that would work in a relegation battle; he'll want players that he knows.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but..

EDIT...turns out you can't change the quote info....dammit.

Still funny though right guys..?  :blush:

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

I think we're going to sign Carles Gil from Valencia. He's a 21 year old attacking midfielder who's on loan at Elche at the moment, but I think he'd fit in really well here.

Mind you, we'll probably buy him, we'll be in a relegation battle this season, Lambert will get the sack and then our new manager will drop him because he's not the kind of player that would work in a relegation battle; he'll want players that he knows.

You've been trying to blow your own trumpet since you were 13.

• Like 1

If he'd got the odd appearance then I'd not think anything of it. But it's the fact he didn't play whatsoever. That is still strange to me.

Yep, even more so when you know who was playing.

I like in that article where Sherwood syas Gil came in and looked good because evryone else was so poor

So true better than Lambert saying they trying their best when they were actually pi$$ poor

EDIT...turns out you can't change the quote info....dammit.

Still funny though right guys..?  :blush:

I genuinely don't remember coming out with that. (Otherwise I would have quoted it myself.)

• Like 1

His reasons for leaving him out completely from match squads still make little sense to me, but at last he's seen what the rest of us have seen in Gil.

I'd think it was probably the language barrier - TS didn't have time to really work with him in detail while he was trying to get a system in place to ensure safety.  Whatever - Gil & Grealish behind a striker is going to be exciting.

I still think it'll be a rollercoaster season, with a few thumpings, but hopefully significantly more wins.  Bring it on.

I can't see this as being anything other than good news to be honest.

I think there is probably a little more to it than Sherwood is saying, perhaps around training levels and the comments of Wilkins over the last week or so.

But Gil has clearly responded in the right way and seems to be making an impression on the players and manager which is great news as he clearly has talent.

I was told he was on his way this summer shortly before the cup final so its a welcome surprise.

Looking at the other midfielders we have currently I think we need the creativity he can offer.

It kind of feels like a new signing.

Club u-turn or...?

If you were being cynical you could suggest that this sudden turn around on Gil might be linked to the recent comments from Sherwood that he wanted to get rid of 6 or 7 players but wasn't able to sell them. The quotes from Sherwood about "Until we exhaust what he has to offer I don’t think it’s right to bring anyone else in to that position" might also suggest that he wanted to bring someone in but was told that he had to sell to buy, he can't sell, so he can't buy who he wants and is stuck having to use a player he doesn't really rate.

Of course you'd have to be awful cynical to think this...

or would you :detect:

Edited by villa89

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he looks to be back in the fold. He looked a really good player last season and we might take it as an indication that Sherwood is going to try and get us playing some good stuff.

• Like 1

Yep, even more so when you know who was playing.

Absolutely. Definitely more to it, it does not make sense. I hope Gil does well, but if this means no Praet, then I am disappointed.

Â