Carles Gil

bose

Credit for doing his job? I think he's going to be a big player for us this season but I can't see why he deserves praise for trying hard in pre season. 

Well you were saying it could be his attitude being the reason he was dropped. It clearly wasnt. Good on him for fighting still. A lot of other players would whinge or leave. We haven't heard a peep. He's training the house down. Credit is deserved.

• Like 1

Great to hear he's part of the plans.

Still don't understand him being frozen out last season, but as long as he gets his chance (which it sounds like everyone in the squad will if they haven't already) then it's water under the bridge.

Great to hear he's part of the plans.

Still don't understand him being frozen out last season, but as long as he gets his chance (which it sounds like everyone in the squad will if they haven't already) then it's water under the bridge.

He's kind of said it there, he needed lads he knew, Carles was in a free role and doing well under Lambert but the team as such were not. I'd imagine he's seen Zog & he's seen Gil & thought one of these had an unreal end of the season before did a lot to keep Wigan up and got a £10m transfer which one am I going to pick so I'm not managing a Championship team next year.

The hope was that last season was just horses for courses and Timothy has basically confirmed that there.  He needed hands on the pump that he trusted at the time.

I can't see why people take exception to fans complimenting a player's attitude :/

I just don't see the difference in his attitude and the rest of the squad.  I think because it's a player who caused over the top ridiculous comments last year that he's probably singled out for praise over others.  I don't really see why though.  He's showing a great attitude, which is good, but everyone seems to be.

Â