Carles Gil

bose

Great to hear he's part of the plans.

Still don't understand him being frozen out last season, but as long as he gets his chance (which it sounds like everyone in the squad will if they haven't already) then it's water under the bridge.

He's kind of said it there, he needed lads he knew, Carles was in a free role and doing well under Lambert but the team as such were not. I'd imagine he's seen Zog & he's seen Gil & thought one of these had an unreal end of the season before did a lot to keep Wigan up and got a £10m transfer which one am I going to pick so I'm not managing a Championship team next year.

He's said it, but I still don't understand it.

But like I said, it doesn't matter now.

Credit for doing his job? I think he's going to be a big player for us this season but I can't see why he deserves praise for trying hard in pre season. 

Well you were saying it could be his attitude being the reason he was dropped. It clearly wasnt. Good on him for fighting still. A lot of other players would whinge or leave. We haven't heard a peep. He's training the house down. Credit is deserved.

I said a lot of times that nobody knew what was going on, it could have been his attitude as much as it was Sherwood picking on the foreign bloke.  I don't think a lot of other players would whinge or leave at all, in fact if they did I doubt they'd have much of a career at this level.

Great to hear he's part of the plans.

Still don't understand him being frozen out last season, but as long as he gets his chance (which it sounds like everyone in the squad will if they haven't already) then it's water under the bridge.

He's kind of said it there, he needed lads he knew, Carles was in a free role and doing well under Lambert but the team as such were not. I'd imagine he's seen Zog & he's seen Gil & thought one of these had an unreal end of the season before did a lot to keep Wigan up and got a £10m transfer which one am I going to pick so I'm not managing a Championship team next year.

He's said it, but I still don't understand it.

But like I said, it doesn't matter now.

That's why he's the manager and you're just a fan ;)  - he understands why (I think I do too) but there you go! and no it doesn't matter now - looking like the team is taking shape.

Great news!!  But...

“Until we exhaust what he has to offer I don’t think it’s right to bring anyone else in to that position."

Meaning we won't be signing Dennis Praet any time soon    :( 

I know :( Maybe we could sell Zog & get him in.

• Like 1

Well Sherwood's comments have made this thread the one that contains the most ridiculous comments on VT.

Good news.

Still think he made a mistake not playing him just because he didn't trust him.

I can't see why people take exception to fans complimenting a player's attitude :/

I just don't see the difference in his attitude and the rest of the squad.  I think because it's a player who caused over the top ridiculous comments last year that he's probably singled out for praise over others.  I don't really see why though.  He's showing a great attitude, which is good, but everyone seems to be.

Because some fans such as yourself questioned his attitude as to why he wash being picked. In the end he wasn't picked due to Sherwood not trusting him at he time which in my opinion is still wrong. Glad hes seen he light. Hope he has nzogbia on the transfer list and never plays him ahead of Gil again.

We may have gone over the top but these comments could have come alot sooner.

Lets see what the kid can do.

Edited by KSV

When Sherwood singed he said that until we're safe the football will be all about getting the ball to Benteke and just going for it. He said there would be a different philosophy going into next season, so maybe that's when Gil will get more of a chance.

Just like I said back in April.

Really pleased with this news. Still unsure what Tim saw to suggest a youngster like Grealish or N'Zogbia had the grit to dig in and not Gil, but guess it doesn't matter now.

Gil & Grealish starting behind the striker, whoever that may be, sounds exciting.

Tim's comments about high-tempo, reliable players who would dig in and graft make perfect sense, but for one fatal flaw - Charles N'Zogbia.

And the fact that there's nothing to suggest Gil isn't one of those players either!

Probably the best news we've had all summer, so pleased.

Easy there tiger

Delph staying

Idrissa signing

Amavi signing

Bent leaving

Given leaving

Richards signing

Are all better items of news for me

• Like 1

Â