Carles Gil

bose

If we sign Ayew and Adebayor I can see Gil's game time being effected.  Can't see Sherwood dropping Grealish.

He's still young. He wont play every game. Rotation.. form etc...

Edited by KSV

If we sign Ayew and Adebayor I can see Gil's game time being effected. Can't see Sherwood dropping Grealish.

He's still young. He wont play every game. Rotation.. form etc...

True.

It would show real squad strength if we had grealish and gil occasionally on the bench when rotating.

If we sign Ayew and Adebayor I can see Gil's game time being effected.  Can't see Sherwood dropping Grealish. 

Gil isn't a striker...we were always gonna bring in strikers so can't see why it would affect his place in the starting 11.  As it stands Gil, Grealish and Zogbia are in competition for 2 maybe 1, depending on formation, attacking midfield roles. 

If Gil doesn't play 90+ minutes of every single match I will go on a murdering rampage.

I liked this post largely because of your location.  What are the chances you kill someone in your gene pool?  Another like awaits if you post lustrous yet threatening beard pictures.

• Like 2

Gil isn't a striker...we were always gonna bring in strikers so can't see why it would affect his place in the starting 11.  As it stands Gil, Grealish and Zogbia are in competition for 2 maybe 1, depending on formation, attacking midfield roles. 

Sherwood needs a slap if N'Zogbia is in competition for anything other than the exit from Villa Park.

• Like 4

Do we know any more about the injury.  Wonder if he will feature tomorrow?

He wasn't in the team for the game on Sat night. Physio room has him down with a knock and 'no return date'. Fantasy Football has him down with the same, with a 75% chance of being fit for the game against Bournemouth.

We have another friendly on Tuesday against Wolves, so hopefully we'll know a little more then.

• Like 1

The thought of Gil and Grealish in the same team is lip smackingly tasty. Both players are yet to play their best football. Between the two of them, we have perhaps the trickiest players outside the top 5 or 6. Neither have shown enough end product, but but they can both beat players for fun and have the ability to 'make things happen'. 

Perhaps a bit of a luxury, but at home, you could argue it would give us a bit of edge at breaking down stubborn defences. Something we have struggled with since god knows when. Gil is the type of player, us fans, have wanted for years. And years.

So it's up to Sherwood to give him a chance, because he deserves it in my opinion. But this season I sense us surprising a few of the big teams with our ability to play their type of football. 

• Like 2

The thought of Gil and Grealish in the same team is lip smackingly tasty. Both players are yet to play their best football. Between the two of them, we have perhaps the trickiest players outside the top 5 or 6. Neither have shown enough end product, but but they can both beat players for fun and have the ability to 'make things happen'. 

Perhaps a bit of a luxury, but at home, you could argue it would give us a bit of edge at breaking down stubborn defences. Something we have struggled with since god knows when. Gil is the type of player, us fans, have wanted for years. And years.

So it's up to Sherwood to give him a chance, because he deserves it in my opinion. But this season I sense us surprising a few of the big teams with our ability to play their type of football. 

Ideally for me, we get another good central midfielder to sit ahead of Gueye and Westwood and we can play them both behind Ayew.

Gil looks really happy this pre season doesn't he. At the FA Cup final he looked like he had to force a smile.

11800526_778030388976699_799322046280659

I wonder what language is being spoken there?

Edited by Razor

Â