Carles Gil

bose

Not really .  Piscine means "Of , or relating to fish."

Ah, I'm a dumbass. I thought you were using a french word (i.e. the French for swimming pool) :crylaugh:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Piscine as pertaining to fish is pronounced pisskine, which simply doesn't work in the context of the attempted pun.

Anyone know why Gil wasn't getting a game last season then? Was he injured? :)

Ah, I'm a dumbass. I thought you were using a french word (i.e. the French for swimming pool) :crylaugh:

Don't be so hard on yourself. Piscine as pertaining to fish is pronounced pisskine, which simply doesn't work in the context of the attempted pun.

Nope, just considered over the hill.

I'll get my coat.

Not really . Piscine means "Of , or relating to fish."

Your knowledge of pronunciation is piscine me right off.

My sole reason was to preserve linguistic decorum. I hake to think where we'd be without it. When necessary, one must apply correction with the skilled hand of a highly-trained sturgeon.

The pun works when written down . The fact that Ben and yourself assumed it was the other "piscine" proves that ! 

Wouldn't work orally mind you .

It definitely isn't pronounced like that. It's pronounced as in 'pie scene'. Click the audio symbol at the top of the page:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/piscine?s=t

Gabby likes him 

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4864234,00.html

Gabby Agbonlahor says Carles Gil has been in fine form training here in Portugal.

Agbonlahor has been impressed with the Spaniard's tricks, flicks and build-up play as the team work on their game in the Algarve ready for the 2015/16 campaign.

Gil began his claret and blue career in fine style, scoring on his first start against Bournemouth in the FA Cup.

However, as the campaign continued, the former Valencia midfielder found his chances limited as Villa battled for their top-flight lives.

Gil returned to pre-season training with the lads earlier this month and long-serving forward ace Agbonlahor has been pleased with what he's seen of the playmaker.

Agbonlahor thinks Gil can have a big impact next term.

He told AVTV HD: "Carles has come back in pre-season and he's flying.

"I played with him in a practice match the other day and I loved playing with him.

"He can get the ball, turn and slip you through.

"He's perfect for me, running in behind.

"I hope he keeps improving and hopefully he gets a chance because, for me, he's a quality player."

Â