Carles Gil

bose

It still makes sense.  The logic is sound.  Use those you trust.  Now whether we believe Sherwood's trust of Zog is misplaced or not is a different thing but he did what he needed to do and got the job done.

• Like 1

It still makes sense. The logic is sound. Use those you trust. Now whether we believe Sherwood's trust of Zog is misplaced or not is a different thing but he did what he needed to do and got the job done.

considering the amount relegation battles the guys been in it made sense

but i remember sherwood saying something about having to play our way out of trouble?

I think we're going to sign Carles Gil from Valencia. He's a 21 year old attacking midfielder who's on loan at Elche at the moment, but I think he'd fit in really well here.

Mind you, we'll probably buy him, we'll be in a relegation battle this season, Lambert will get the sack and then our new manager will drop him because he's not the kind of player that would work in a relegation battle; he'll want players that he knows.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but..

EDIT...turns out you can't change the quote info....dammit.

Still funny though right guys..?  :blush:

You just need a flux capacitor.

• Like 2

Exactly what I'd hoped, good on Tim for taking the time to look at him and not just take the money to replace. I think I might do a management course ;)

Really happy now, he will definitely make a good number 10, a role that Grealish suits if he improves his shooting. In the meantime Gil should be an interesting player for us going forward.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Isnt this what most cited as the reason for him not playing Gil, but a handful of posters kept going on and on about conspiracy theories.

Well yes and no.

Most of the discussion was why he should have been playing instead of people like N'Zogbia and Weimann.

So yes the reasons Sherwood has discussed were cited as reasons why Gil wasn't playing. Some people disagreed with those reasons. I still do.

But that's what most of the discussion was about. That and people moaning about people using this thread for the exact purpose it was created.

The conspiracy theories were few and far between.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Exactly what I said would happen, all along, and for the reasons I said as well.

Eh? I seem to remember you insisting the reason was that he was injured for months with an unknown and unmentioned injury. Congratulations on being so right though.

Anyway, excellent news because I think we would have rued the day if we had let him go without giving him a full preseason. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a more attacking line up.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that he's not leaving given that he didn't play at all at the end of last season and wasn't even in the squad.

Really rate him though and think he'll be excellent linking up with Grealish for example.

The only reason he gets so much attention on here is because he is a very, very good player; you could see as much in the limited games he played for us. For him not to play in the run in last season was baffling, hopefully he will be given his chance this season, which it looks like he will.

Exactly what I said would happen, all along, and for the reasons I said as well.

High five.

Do you think Sherwood was right to play N'Zogbia in his place every week then? Because if you do you'd be wrong, as was Sherwood.

Was he? There was me thinking we survived last year and improved on what the previous manager was serving up.

Â