Carles Gil

bose

Picked up a slight knock, should be ok I think.

slight knocks can take months to heal according to some on here :P

in all seriousness.. someone on twitter said it was a knee injury.. anyone who watch the game see the incident? apparantly he was in a bit of pain?

Hope its not bad...

It was his ankle he looked very upset about it.He manged to hobble off so maybe it wont be too bad.

Was hit and miss played some good balls but dwelled on it on one occassion was disspossed near our area and they got a shot on goal.On other hand he played one great ball in for Gabby who smashed it well wide.

• Like 1

He looked very angry at the player he tussled with as well. He directed a few choice words in his direction.

Must admit I worried he was showing his frustration that the injury was a bad one, but your version sounds better.  Lets hope it's not serious, I think he is going to be important (good) for us this season.

He looked very angry at the player he tussled with as well. He directed a few choice words in his direction.

Must admit I worried he was showing his frustration that the injury was a bad one, but your version sounds better.  Lets hope it's not serious, I think he is going to be important (good) for us this season.

Well he was doing it when he was on his feet. If it was that bad I can't imagine him standing to release his frustration.

Well he was doing it when he was on his feet. If it was that bad I can't imagine him standing to release his frustration.

Immediately after it happened you can see him grimacing cursing.  As I say, I hope it is minor and he was angry at the player.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be along term one, it was probably just a turned ankle, and they really hurt at impact to the point you fear the worst! He hobbled off and it didn't look too bad in all fairness when he was with the physio. Probably a week tops recovery.

I fell down the stairs a few years ago and rolled my ankle, I was convinced it was broken for about an hour, and then the pain started easing off and I could walk the next day. Ankles are painful, so hopefully it's just something innocuous.

• Like 1

It was his ankle he looked very upset about it.He manged to hobble off so maybe it wont be too bad.

Was hit and miss played some good balls but dwelled on it on one occassion was disspossed near our area and they got a shot on goal.On other hand he played one great ball in for Gabby who smashed it well wide.

This sums up Gil in general, excellent in the opposition's final third, very creative, great passer. However in his own half opponents muscle him off the ball and it's sometimes in key areas, he needs to be told not to drop back too deep, and always be picked in advanced positions in whatever formation we play.

I agree. He could be very good for us playing in behind the strikers or perhaps out on the right. 

I think he will get stronger as he plays more games in the PL and gets more street wise - think it was a similar story with Jack when he first started.  He should study someone like Messi who is the same height and rarely gets muscled off the ball

Jack was sent to Notts County and came back with a very good understanding of how not to be bullied and of how to graft.

Â