Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I can't see us staying up this time.

The fight of previous seasons just isn't there, and we don't look like a team failing to implement a tactic, but rather a team not sure of what they are supposed to be doing. I don't know whether it's the injury or whether it's attitude but Benteke is not what he was, and no-one else is going to score enough for us to maintain a Premier League status.

On paper we have a very decent team, but I can easily see us entering the championship with a lineup of Steer; Lowton, Senderos, Clark, Bennett; Bacuna, Gardner, Westwood, Grealish; Weimann, Agbonlahor.

There's no way we're coming straight back up with that team.

I was far too young to appreciate the glory years, but i remember our stint in the old second division well. 

GT came in and said that "it all smelled wrong from top to bottom."

It wasn't just a case of changing things on the pitch. He also had to put pride back in the club.

It's got to that stage again. If we do go down we need a new GT to come in and stir thing up again.

We would still sign players though although yes that would be the spine of the squad.

No idea who would stay or go, who has relegation release clauses.

We're also be back to square one in terms of wage bills amusingly enough.

Spend 3 years hammering down the wage bill to get it to sustainable levels then get relegated and have people like Gabby and Hutton on 40k a week in the championship most likely.

I was far too young to appreciate the glory years, but i remember our stint in the old second division well. 

GT came in and said that "it all smelled wrong from top to bottom."

It wasn't just a case of changing things on the pitch. He also had to put pride back in the club.

It's got to that stage again. If we do go down we need a new GT to come in and stir thing up again.

A new young coach?

Burnley at home on the last day of the season, Could be a spicy one.

Yes Burnley might need a win to stay up. 

We are the team Burnley would be wanting to play last day of the season.

Were the team everyone wants to play every week, who wouldn't want to play a team that doesn't score goals?

• Like 1

We would still sign players though although yes that would be the spine of the squad.

No idea who would stay or go, who has relegation release clauses.

We're also be back to square one in terms of wage bills amusingly enough.

Spend 3 years hammering down the wage bill to get it to sustainable levels then get relegated and have people like Gabby and Hutton on 40k a week in the championship most likely.

I think everyone who has negotiated or re-negotiated a deal in the last 3 years has a relegation release clause, so an awful lot will be let go. Some will be easier to get rid of than others. Guzan might get a gig as a backup in the PL. Vlaar is off to Europe anyway. Benteke will find a home somewhere, though it won't be anywhere as good as he will have been hoping. Gil will easily find a suitor. Delph could well be wanted by a smaller PL team, perhaps. Of the rest, I don't think any are good enough to guarantee interest from other clubs. Most of the rest aren't on totally massive contracts, so we'd probably just beg teams to take Hutton and Gabby off our hands and then try to bring in new additions around what's left. 

As lttle as 11 could be enough. 7 from Stoke, WBA, Sunderland and Swansea would be a good start. Burnley and QPR opportunities for another 6 - plus the odd draw in the remaining games.

Edited by AndyGray1985

Yer know, I think Lerner accepted relegation as a possibility some time ago when he cut the budget - financially I wonder if we'd be making a loss if we got relegated - with a 25 mill parachute payment (instead of 50 mill TV money) then a couple of player sales, and the fact the club has no debt now - I honestly think Lerner would be happy with that outcome, so long as the club takes the hit and not him.

Our defence is back to where it was last season. Okore and Clark were owned by the Hull strikers last night. Clark's defending was as bad as last season. He dropped off for the first without ever getting to Jelavic to put a serious challenge in and then, for the second, he was just pants.

• Like 1

. 7 from Stoke, WBA, Sunderland and Swansea would be a good start. Burnley and QPR opportunities for another 6

Haha! Just like a majority were forecasting 3 points at the KC Stadium?

I can't see us staying up this time.

Me either. We deserve to go down to be honest. Penny pinching owner, terrible manager, terrible football, no ambition, no direction. If you were to ask fans of any other club in the league I'd say they'd be glad to be rid of Villa from the league. We're the new Stoke.