Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Could we be the "biggest" team to get relegated in the Premier League era?

If we go down then we'll be the biggest team to have gone down from the Premier League in my opinion. There are very few clubs bigger than us and all of the ones I would regard as traditionally bigger are all still ever-presents in the Premier League.

Yep, my opinion as well. I'm not suggesting for a second that we deserve to stay up, even though I think we will, but for a club of this size to be run the way we are is incredibly poor.

If you said we would go down, bring in a new manager, absolutely storm the Championship next season coming straight back up scoring shit loads of goals in the process, is there a SINGLE Villa fan who would not take that?

Basically - do a Newcastle.

I'd love that. Truly.

• Like 2

If you said we would go down, bring in a new manager, absolutely storm the Championship next season coming straight back up scoring shit loads of goals in the process, is there a SINGLE Villa fan who would not take that?

I'd love that. Truly.

Newcastle could only do a Newcastle because Newcastle couldn't ship out players on high wages. The team was too good for that league and it showed.

Our team would struggle in the Championship as it is, never mind without the few quality players we have who would leave.

Going down would be a disaster for us imo.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I'd love that. Truly.

Newcastle could only do a Newcastle because Newcastle couldn't ship out players on high wages. The team was too good for that league and it showed.

Our team would struggle in the Championship as it is, never mind without the few quality players we have who would leave.

well on current form im sure it would onlt be Guzan that would be taken by a Premier League club next season and maybe Vlaar

I'd love that. Truly.

This team would destroy the Championship.

I'd love that. Truly.

It could, but only under the right management

• Like 1

I'd love that. Truly.

It could, but only under the right management

The amount of quality candidates wanting this job will be huge.

But the trouble is the whole core of our team will depart

I dont believe that, this would probably be 11 1st game of season if we go down

Given

Hutton Senderos Clark Bennett

Grealish Westwood Delph Richardson

Weimann Agbonlahor

well capable of romping the Championship plus have Kozak, Baker, Bacuna, Lowton as well in squad. PLus cant see anybody paying big money for Benteke in summer

I'd love that. Truly.

Got to confess I don't WANT to go down but if we do, I ain't shedding too many tears. Would be a great season without the same old boring money teams and some new away trips too. A chance to start a new era and boy do we need that !!!!!!!

But the trouble is the whole core of our team will depart

I dont believe that, this would probably be 11 1st game of season if we go down

Given

Hutton Senderos Clark Bennett

Grealish Westwood Delph Richardson

Weimann Agbonlahor

well capable of romping the Championship plus have Kozak, Baker, Bacuna, Lowton as well in squad. PLus cant see anybody paying big money for Benteke in summer

Players like Clark, Westwood, Weimann and Agbonlahor would attract interest from other clubs. Whether or not they'd leave I'm not sure. But I remember when sha went down under Mcleish and their fans listing the players they thought they could keep and it didn't work out like they thought and I'm sure it happens at other teams who get relegated.

I think some might be surprised who'd stay if they're content with their contracts.

This post contradicts your other one in the sense that with our wage bill the be all and end all is being in the Premier League. We may be able to take a hit for one year but after that we'd be done for as others who didn't come back up have. It's not Sky per say it's the revenue you get. I think we'd keep virtually all our squad to start with but we'd have to get rid of a lot eventually as we couldn't afford them. We have to stay up simple as that.