Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I hate to say it everybody but I think I'm done with villa. I actually can't take how angry this club makes me and I don't think it's fair on the family for them to see me as angry as I have been over the last 4-5 years. I have been a villa fan since 1989 and I'm 33 years old now so I have stuck with it for long enough. The club is rotten from the inside and its rotting its self all the way through. This isn't based on losing to Hull or even about getting relegated which I think is now going to happen. I honestly don't think a change of manager will help I don't even think a change of owner will help. The is just a negative defeating vibe that will forever hang over the club.

I currently feel a bubbling anger inside that I am struggling to suppress

• Like 1

I hate to say it everybody but I think I'm done with villa. I actually can't take how angry this club makes me and I don't think it's fair on the family for them to see me as angry as I have been over the last 4-5 years. I have been a villa fan since 1989 and I'm 33 years old now so I have stuck with it for long enough. The club is rotten from the inside and its rotting its self all the way through. This isn't based on losing to Hull or even about getting relegated which I think is now going to happen. I honestly don't think a change of manager will help I don't even think a change of owner will help. The is just a negative defeating vibe that will forever hang over the club.

This.

I feel terrible for the bad moods that Villa put me in on weekend afternoons and now tonight. How can you support a club that you hope against hope will finally show up for a match only for a bunch of apathetic, half hearted, overpaid gobsh1tes managed by a mumbling, impotent imbicile to let you down over and over again.

Did anyone think we'd make a go of it at 2-0 down with 20 minutes left? Nope.

No tension, no excitement, no fighting spirit. Just desperation and anger.

To all at Aston Villa. I solemnly request that you go f&*k yourselves. Every. Single. One of you.

No need to sack Lambert. I don't care.

I made a decision last season to let a large portion of my enthusiasm for Villa go.

Too much time wasted at weekends getting annoyed and angry at constant shit results. My wife suggested to me I need to take a step back. I could never do it fully and stop supporting them but I have since not let Villa games dictate my weekends and a lot of the time I don't even check results until the final whistle simply expecting the worse.

When we go down at the end of the season I think I will actually embrace relegation. I will look forward to hopefully a more surprising and unpredictable league where we pick up more wins than defeats (I'm aware this may not happen!). I will look forward to seeing players who care less about the money and more about football.

Overall I will embrace the change from the mind numbing monotonous drivel that has been this club for the last 5 years.

• Like 1

I'm not as fearful of relegation as I used to be. I still don't want us to go down obviously but I'm not old enough to have seen Villa as anything more than occasional European contenders and in the past few seasons we've done nothing but flirt with relegation, score few goals and lose a lot. At least the Championship would be more interesting. At the moment my biggest fear is not going down but not coming back up again.

Edited by Mantis

Looking like our time is up dosen't it, the rot from the last four years really seems to have engulfed the team.

That and we still can't score despite signing creative players this window. 12 goals at this stage of the season is quite simply unbelievable.

Big thing for me is we're now losing relegation six pointers instead of even drawing them and are reserving our worst performances for the Leicester and Hull games.

There's no good playing well against Liverpool and Chelsea, games you can still lose even if you raise your game.

We've now lost our last 5 away without scoring. We are finished without our away form picking up as there's no chance of us winning 4 league games at VP between now and the end of the season.

If Lambert stays in charge, there's no doubt in my mind that not only will we go down, we'll go down as the worst team in the Premier League era, with least wins, least goals, and worst goal difference.

We look worse each week.

12 goals in 25 games is a new Premier League worst.  This time we'll go down

It is completely incredible to see that in black and white, to think we've scored less than that Derby team did that finished on 14 points and Sunderland aswell a few years back.

Just a total embarrassment even if we stay up.

Double whammy:

1. Parachute payments are being decreased

2. Money is going up

If we get relegated, will WILL join the illustrious gang of Forest, Wednesday and Leeds. The famous "historic big clubs" that don't mean bugger all anymore.

Except of course, Forest and Leeds play more exciting decent football than us and Wednesday fans turn out in force come rain or shine. I guess the players of those teams are also given "a plan" and "tactics" pre-match.

Relegation would be disastrous, don't try and sugarcoat it

I'm not, but it could (key word there) turn out ok. People need to get out of this mindset that relegation would mean a certain prolonged span in the Championship. Again, I obviously want us to stay up but it probably won't be the end of the world.

If Lambert stays in charge, there's no doubt in my mind that not only will we go down, we'll go down as the worst team in the Premier League era, with least wins, least goals, and worst goal difference.

We look worse each week.

Well that's impossible given Derby only took 14 points in 07/08 but yeah scoring the least goals would be horrific enough.