Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Now we've pit the panic button. There is no option other than to get Vlaar and Benteke back in the team. Resort back to counter attacking and grind out some fortunate wins and lucky draws. Get through to the end of the season and hire a new manager. 

• Like 1

2 years ago, at least we could see how we might win some games. Now, we look completely toothless in front of goal against the worst sides in the league. If we were creating chances and not scoring, at least you think with a few changes things could turn around. But our "chances" last night were efforts from outside the box and a header from the penalty spot, a routine save for the keeper, embarrassing.

• Like 1

Nailed on relegation now IMO. And i'm not sure even a change of manager will do any good. The club is in free fall

Not that bad yet a quick change now before the next league game and we have a chance.We have the players we dont have the manager

It wouldn't be, we'd lose all our half decent players and so would have to start all over again in terms of building a squad, this would set us back years. So even if we came straight back up we'd be in serious peril of going straight back down again.

Having reflected on it, maybe relegation will be a blessing in disguise for the club. 

No

I don't like this train of thought.

If we went down and came straight back up then maybe it would do us some good.

But it's far from a guarantee that that would happen.

Relegation is potentially an absolute disaster. It's very dangerous and I want to avoid it at all costs

• Like 2

It wouldn't be, we'd lose all our half decent players and so would have to start all over again in terms of building a squad, this would set us back years. So even if we came straight back up we'd be in serious peril of going straight back down again.

These half-decent players would have contributed to our relegation, so it is no great lost in the end.  We are probably more likely to be sold in the Championship as they have relaxed the FFP rules so owners can invest more. 

I am sick and tired of the same old shite each season.

How depressing if  this is the season we go down, that we do it like this.

Not even a fun season to counteract the misery of relegation

Is there a good way to get relegated ?

This is pretty similar to 1987.....I often wonder what would hace happened if GT hadn't taken up the challenge the following season.

Theres big problems off the field IMO - there is just no direction from above - we can't even get an assistant manager in, the youth academy set up just churns out average joes, ....and thats just the bits we see....