Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think it's too early to decide how our season will end based on the result of one game. We could lose this and still stay up but equally we could win and go down.

Whilst that is obviously technically true, the reason I've been touting it as the tipping point is because of the confidence involved.

If we lose tonight, then whilst we obviously could win the next one, our confidence would be so low that I'd think it was pretty unlikely. Whereas if we win at least we'll have a bit of confidence to carry into our next winnable fixtures.

The players must be looking at these next few fixtures and thinking this is where they get some points.

To lose the first one, to someone like Hull, would be a huge knock.

There's much more on the line than 3 points

By the same measure, a lot of managers will have been looking at fixtures against us and thinking they must get something against Villa. Tough times ahead.

if i remember i think we were 18th or 19th and needed to win both of them and had i think 1 win in 12 games

They were huge.

I was on a stag do for the Reading game with people I barely knew but I was jumping up and down and hugging them when I heard we'd beaten them.

Win or lose, after tonight there's still plenty of games to play and points to play for.

Will we pick up any though? This run we are on is awful, its probably the worst run Lambert has had with us because of the lack of goals and diabolical performances

If we can't beat Hull or even draw then I don't see where any other points are coming from.They got a draw at City but previous to that they have been utter shite.

By the same token - it was highlighted on MOTD2 that Man City have struggled of late without Toure - so it was a combination of Hull upping their game and Man City not getting out the stalls fully. Just as we played better in parts of the game on Saturday - man City still missed many chances. Hull will have the pressure - we will be the underdogs I am sure as Hull are at home. 

Gonna be interesting this one - I'm looking forward to it (as I do every game) - working in London this week so gonna watch in my Hotel room and cheer like a madman when we score (and win)!!!  ;) - hope he gives Sinclair a start - he looked up for it and wanted to take on players - as a joke I said he reminds me of Willie Anderson!!! (I know he has a long way to go) but our Willie (oo-er) was a player - head down - control the ball - past a player and a cross in the box - bang - goal!!! (I can but dream)!!! :wub:

• Like 1

If we can't beat Hull or even draw then I don't see where any other points are coming from.They got a draw at City but previous to that they have been utter shite.

In fairness they'll be saying the same

In fairness they'll be saying the same

Absolutely should they lose tonight I'm sure their message boards will be full of people claiming its over they are down  :D

Important not to loose but its not as essential as the Reading and QPR games a couple of years ago. Basically if Leicester and QPR loose, tonight, which is highly likely, itsa few clubs battling it out to avoid that one spot. In 2012/13 no team were adrift. 

if i remember i think we were 18th or 19th and needed to win both of them and had i think 1 win in 12 games

They were huge.

I was on a stag do for the Reading game with people I barely knew but I was jumping up and down and hugging them when I heard we'd beaten them.

Outstanding atmosphere at the Reading game. Villa fans really did the team proud. Baker booting one in the net for them didnt help but thankfully we got through it.

Guzan made, for me, the best save ive ever witnessed a keeper make in the QPR game when he tipped away Samba's header. That whole game was heart-in-the-mouth.

hypothetical situation but

Survival or FA Cup? I think I would take the FA Cup

Being FA Cup holders plus being in a league where we'd potentially be very competitive, score goals and win more often than not? I'll take that over a handful of wins a season

• Like 1

I can't help but think that if Lambert keeps leaving Benteke out he is effectively sealing our relegation.

He may not be cutting the mustard at the moment but if our midfield starts clicking in terms of creativity, he is our best chance of goals.

We can't play the remainder of the season with Gabby up front. I'm dying to see Benteke back tonight. He will turn it on eventually and we know how devastating he can be when he does.