Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

hypothetical situation but

Survival or FA Cup? I think I would take the FA Cup

Being FA Cup holders plus being in a league where we'd potentially be very competitive, score goals and win more often than not? I'll take that over a handful of wins a season

and a few European trips ;)

I can't help but think that if Lambert keeps leaving Benteke out he is effectively sealing our relegation.

He may not be cutting the mustard at the moment but if our midfield starts clicking in terms of creativity, he is our best chance of goals.

We can't play the remainder of the season with Gabby up front. I'm dying to see Benteke back tonight. He will turn it on eventually and we know how devastating he can be when he does.

Lambert will never go the remainder of the season with Benteke on the bench (he may be a crap manager to many) but he is not stupid and knows a firing Benteke is a match winner. so I feel we WILL see Benteke tonight be it off the bench or from the start. He will 'click' and at the right time - just a feeling nothing else!

hypothetical situation but

Survival or FA Cup? I think I would take the FA Cup

FA Cup without a doubt. Put it this way, the odds of us winning the FA cup anytime soon are far smaller than us going down and them coming back up again.

not after the £5 billion deal.survival is critical now.

That doesn't come into play until the beginning of the season after next.

I'm not sure at a quick thought maybe Randy can add that to the spec of the club if he is still looking to sell up.

I think it will be harder to survive though; clubs will risk it financially even with FFP to maintain top flight football.

Probably not this season, after this season though maybe.

I had a similar hypothetical question to myself which was if we could stay up and bring in Mourinho as manager or go down and Keep Lambert but get Man City style takeover, which would I choose? The second scenario for me.

If it was between the FA Cup or relegation I'd choose the FA Cup because I think Lambert would bring us straight back up anyway.

I have been saying since Xmas we won't score 20 goals this season and he will take us down. Yet another record for his collection at Villa.

I hope Tom Fox does the decent thing an apologises to the fans, they had the chance to act and keep us in this division and did sweet **** all.

IMO we need to be looking at putting in a strategy to come back up straight away - that means a team rebuild and new manager - but who? I can't see us turning it round now - getting rid of Lambert now won't be enough as who would replace him? We should have gone for Pulis but we've left it to late!

I hope this makes the people who actually think that we have "easier" fixtures realise that we are SO SHIT we have NO easy fixtures.

And we concede a second as I type.

Disgrace.