Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I know Villa fans can be a bunch of hysterical drama queens at the best of times but this thread is taking it to new levels.

We have been in worse situations, with less time, in worse form, with worse teams, with worse fixtures and survived every single time without it even going to the last game.

Relax ffs. I'm not even 5% worried.

How much % wise will you be if Leicester beat Chelsea tomorrow? ;)

I am more of a 25% worried at the moment and possibly 40% worried if City do Chelsea over. Quietly confident we can pick up a point against Everton and beat West Ham. If it comes to the last game and its a shoot out with Burnley.. i would be worried as our players dont scrap.

Edited by KSV

I remember when people on here were convinced we would go down with about 4 games to go in the Houllier season. We ended up finishing 10th.

I think this may be a false memory. In the "Houllier season" we were 11th with 4 games to go and 7 points clear of the relegation zone, so far better off than we are this season and not in much danger of relegation by that stage. People were probably worrying more about relegation (with some justification) around the end of March when Houllier had taken us to within 1 point of 18th.

• Like 1

I love how people are saying Newcastle are in this - they are on 35 points.... It will be a miracle if make it to 35 points ourselves!!

1 win out of 4 is a miracle now eh :lol:

the Vatican have recently downgraded what they consider a miracle

• Like 1

**** Liverpool you useless words removed.

**** we need a result this weekend. As others have said, I don't want to go into the last game needing a result. If we can't score early in that game and get into a scrap, we might be in a bit of trouble.

We're playing well (unlike the Lambert days) so I can't see us not getting a couple of wins.

Everton are beatable so I expect by 4.45pm Saturday this forum will be a happier place to visit.

and breathe......lol

No change in relegation odds on back of tonight's result. Still 9/1 best price and as others have said results needed to send us down probably longer.

Statto odds down to 5,7, though.

Don't think it'll be settled before Burnley.

We should be OK just as long as our players don't start thinking about the cup final and avoiding injury. If we don't give the same amount of effort that we've shown so far under Sherwood, that leaves us very vulnerable and beatable, as seen for most of this season.

I really can see us needing to win, or at least get two wins and a draw, from the next three games to avoid needing something on the last day to stay up.

Looking at the fixtures and how well we are playing I think come full time at the West Ham game we will be all but safe. At that stage I think we will have 38 points, Leicester 34 and Sunderland 31 with Leicester and Sunderland still to play each other.

Bottom line in all this is that this is in our own hands. You look at how we are playing and who we have yet to play and we should be confident of securing the points needed to stay up and the manager and players certainly are. We as supporters have a part to play though and it looks as though Saturday is heading for a 40k+ crowd. Those of us going need to be vociferous and right behind the manager and players and those of us who aren't need to send out some positive vibes.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

I know Villa fans can be a bunch of hysterical drama queens at the best of times but this thread is taking it to new levels.

We have been in worse situations, with less time, in worse form, with worse teams, with worse fixtures and survived every single time without it even going to the last game.

Relax ffs. I'm not even 5% worried.

I don't know - but how often have we got to May and only won 3 home games all season ?

Having won 3 out of 16 homes games - people are saying we shouldn't worry because we are definitley going to win 2 from the next 3 ....

To date TS has won 1 home game in the PL - and that with a last gasp penalty.

• Like 2

Everton is unbeatable Saturday...

Sunderland will win three more...

Hull will win all four...

As will Leicester...

I wish Tim's confidence reaches fans at some point too, not just the players.

It has reached me. I'm up for it.

Can't wait till Saturday and a chance to put this to bed.

^ I'm with this guy

DDID is a voluptuous woman.
  • Like 3

Not to disappoint but even a win Saturday doesn't any where near put this to bed. For me now it is literally just a 50/50 chance with luck being the main factor. We need points, we could play well but not get them, could pay terrible and win. Anything can happen now but for me I think we're on the way down at the worst possible time

The facts are we need to do this ourselves, we cannot rely on others to help us out. This Hull result shouldn't be seen as a surprise, these kind of results happen at the tail end of the season. I didn't think we were safe after the Spurs victory, and I still believe we will need another five points to be safe. The goods news is, we appear to have some life to us now which was non existant a couple of months ago. We have a chance, and we have to make sure we get the results we need to see us safe. If we don't we can have little complaints as we have been dreadful for three quarters of this season.

If anything this puts more and more pressure on Newcastle

They have been woeful all season and are still not safe

Not sure what's the point of saying this tosh. We'll be relegated way before Newcastle ever will be this season.

If Newcastle are "still not safe", we're basically gone as we'll struggle to match Newcastle's points come the end of the season.

Reasons not to panic.

The players are going to try, we know this from their consistent peformances over the last few games. They can handle the pressure and they will be at it against Everton as they can see how close we are. We have immense characters across the pitch and a red hot goal scorer. We have a manager that will try to win games. We have key players back from injury. We have winnable fixtures. We are in good form.

Why is anyone depressed because Hull have shown some fighting spirit? Good on Hull. We can also do that.  

• Like 1

Not to disappoint but even a win Saturday doesn't any where near put this to bed. For me now it is literally just a 50/50 chance with luck being the main factor. We need points, we could play well but not get them, could pay terrible and win. Anything can happen now but for me I think we're on the way down at the worst possible time

Do you know how probability works?

Longest odds are 9/1. Hardly 50/50 :D