Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

bad result tonight, but in our favour is how we are playing. I can understand being skittish and nervous but I do think we'll do enough to stay out of it. As someone else has said in this thread - get ahead of newcastle and we're ok - so 4 points will do it. 

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

So I take it you think we will beat Everton ?

I dont think I said that at all

No I am asking you ....do you think we will beat Everton ?

maybe but my point was you come on before every game and predict a loss

I predicted we would beat WBA\QPR\Swansea  - and Liverpool. - with only 3 home wins all season - Im not exactly laying it on the line - saying I don't think we will beat Everton. 

It is in our own hands. We win all our games we have 44 points. Sunderland and Leicester play each other. If Sunderland win that game they can get to 45 points but Leicester can only get to 43. If Leicester win they can get to 46 but Sunderland can only get to 42. If its a draw then Sunderland can get to 43 and Leicester 44.

I am still extremely confident we will stay up.

No chance in hell will we get 44 points.

Also no chance Sunderland will get 45 points

They don't have to, as we won't get 44.

I can see us getting at least 4 points but I can also see Leicester getting 5 and Sunderland 6.

thats grand as SUnderland will need 7

we have better goal difference

They are -23, we -22. If they get 6 pts and we 4 they may overtake us in goal difference too.

They'll get hammered at Arsenal imo...3-0 job and possibilty at Everton given the form they're in so not sure a 1-0 win for Sunderland in a game will do much for the GD.

Our GD really shouldn't be taking a battering with what we have left. If we have to lose it should only be by 1 goal like at City.

its why was vital we didnt collapse completely on Saturday

I can see us getting at least 4 points but I can also see Leicester getting 5 and Sunderland 6.

Tell me just where Sunderland, realistically are winning 2 games and we wont.

Get a grip.

I'm not saying it's likely but we're getting to a point where it's very possible. One mistake by us, one important goal by Sunderland..

I love how people are saying Newcastle are in this - they are on 35 points.... It will be a miracle if make it to 35 points ourselves!!

You think it will be a miracle if we win another game?
Hmmmm... Yea. I honestly don't think we will win another game. Well draw 2, lose the others.

There's a difference between you thinking that and us needing a miracle.

Liverpool blew CL the minute they lost to Man. United at home.

I also think them losing to us has killed them mentally for this season. They are also completely toothless upfront when Sturridge isn't there.

I thought Hull would actually get a draw tonight, didn't think they'd win though.

I love how people are saying Newcastle are in this - they are on 35 points.... It will be a miracle if make it to 35 points ourselves!!

Hmmmm... Yea. I honestly don't think we will win another game. Well draw 2, lose the others.
So you think it'll be a miracle if we beat West Ham? Jesus christ
It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated to 8 victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left. Edited by Tayls

It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated to 8 victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left.

complete rubbish

either you havent watched a game in last 2 months or PFE

It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left.

I was at Spurs, both West Brom games, Liverpool. All were well earned victories, none of them "miracles" or "lucky". Were playing well, if we do go down we will go down swinging.

• Like 3

It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated to 8 victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left.

It really isn't under Sherwood.

Well we've averaged just over point per game since Sherwood's appointment so there is every reason to believe we will secure four points from the remaining four.

The table indicates that Sunderland have failed to win 28 league games this season plus they haven't had the mental boost of a winning cup run like we have either.

What in your mind makes you think they'll be more capable than us of winning games in the run in as they need to better us than 3 points let's not forget. They don't score more goals than we do for a start and have a much tougher run in.

• Like 1

It would be bloody typical that we go down when we actually have hope for next season as opposed to other years when some actually thought relegation could be a blessing!!!

We are playing well let's get behind the lads and never give up! Fight like Lions

• Like 4

I have always advocated playing good football and we are, but individual errors are denying us points.

This time of the season and the predicament we are in is time for scrapping and just concentrating on getting points.

..... It hope we can do that, because this season is no season for going down.

It is squeaky bum time.

complete rubbish

either you havent watched a game in last 2 months or PFE

What's PFE?

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

WRONG