Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

We're obviously in a battle but just look at Sunderland's fixtures:

Southampton (H), Everton (A), Leicester (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A)

That's horrible.

It rankles me that people believe such crap and it's proven by Leicester winning 4 or 5 straight, Hull beating Liverpool, Burnley beating Man City.

For anyone so cocksure Sunderland are now the "doomed club":

Southampton (H) > Just because it's Southampton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Everton (A) > Just because it's Everton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Leicester (H) > SUNDERLAND WIN to obviously aid their fight

Arsenal (A) > Title already lost by then. Why do Arse have to bother? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Chelsea (A) > Final game of the season. Title could be dusted. Why can't Chelshit throw the game? > SUNDERLAND WIN

So why isn't such a scenario possible instead?

That's horrible.

It rankles me that people believe such crap and it's proven by Leicester winning 4 or 5 straight, Hull beating Liverpool, Burnley beating Man City.

Southampton (H) > Just because it's Southampton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Everton (A) > Just because it's Everton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Arsenal (A) > Title already lost by then. Why do Arse have to bother? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Chelsea (A) > Final game of the season. Title could be dusted. Why can't Chelshit throw the game? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Chelsea risk losing their title by throwing a game against a relegation team instead of signing off the season with a win at home, celebrating with the fans?

Yeah, that's going to happen

For anyone needing to understand Sunderland's situation just head to Ready To Go and have a read. It's a parallell universe to VT, however, strip out the doom merchants and overly positive posters, and you get some proper assessments of their team, and some stats that are hugely worse than ours.

Basically - This is not last season where they pulled off miracles with the good feeling they had on appointing Gus P. They couldn't score so have shipped in an ageing Defoe, they lost their supporters so shipped in old-school Dick Advocat, one of their key players shagged a child and it is safe to say, not in the right frame of mind for a relegation battle. They have Arsenal then Chelsea away on the final day (you know, the champions, playing at home completely relaxed but wanting to win). 

They MIGHT pull of a good result or two, but so will we. And they will need to get three more points than us to be certain of finishing ahead of us.

Chillax!

• Like 1

That's horrible.

Southampton (H) > Just because it's Southampton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

Everton (A) > Just because it's Everton means Sunderland have no chance? > SUNDERLAND WIN

You realize we're facing 2 of those teams as well right? If Sunderland can win, so can we? And lol @ Sunderland winning all their remaining games, I would bet every penny I have that they don't.

We've much in common with Sunderland, naive yank owners, both let Martin O'Neill spend daft money, both clubs have had Roy Keane in a management position, both signed Bent. Both been shite for last 4 years. About time we started doing our own thing...

Just don't get the pessimism

Beat Spurs away look the most comfortable I've seen us all season

Make Liverpool look like a pub side in the FA Cup

Yes we lost to Manure (Who we never beat anyway) and Man City away (Last seasons champions) after gifting them goals yet should have won after controlling the game with them needing help from the fourth official to get all 3 points

Sure..... were not going to win any more games between now and the end of the season 

Just don't get the optimism.

Beat Spurs away look the most comfortable I've seen us all season > OK. Result in isolation is a bit of a fluke though. Remember the QPR result before this was a poor one.

Make Liverpool look like a pub side in the FA Cup > So? Big deal. Liverfool are nothing, shit and Hull proved just that. 

Yes we lost to Manure (Who we never beat anyway) and Man City away (Last seasons champions) after gifting them goals yet should have won after controlling the game with them needing help from the fourth official to get all 3 points > Playing well and losing is a bad sign and the antithesis of a champion's mantra of playing poor and still winning. BAD SIGN

Sure..... were not going to win any more games between now and the end of the season > Sure... this magically does not apply to our relegation rivals somehow. Leicester... opps. Hull... opps. Sunderland... every change of opps. Ditto Burnley. Ditto QPR.

You realize we're facing 2 of those teams as well right? If Sunderland can win, so can we? And lol @ Sunderland winning all their remaining games, I would bet every penny I have that they don't.

Yes they almost certainly won't, but they don't have to in order for us to be in big trouble. This is just a plausibility or reasoning why Sunderland could win, and that every game is winnable for them. It's not unreasonable to expect they'll actually win a couple or more of their remaining games.

True, if Sunderland can win so can we. Hull proved that if we can beat Livershit, so can they. But it doesn't always happen though. Sometimes Burnley get the luck against Man City and for us the luck goes the other way.

I think both Sunderland and Leicester will be above us after Saturdays games

You may be right on Leicester but Sunderland not so sure.

It's that time of year when random results start coming in, got a feeling they may just knick it against Southampton

If Leicestershire get beat by Chelsea (v.likely) then beat Newcastle at home, then Newcastle's next game against West Brom becomes a relegation battle - Newcastle could quite easily be in big trouble still, would be amazing given the flak we've copped for a bit of fun last time they went down.

Edited by Jareth

It's that time of year when random results start coming in, got a feeling they may just knick it against Southampton

So what's to say we won't?

we are bound to make things difficult

So now it's a dog fight between us and Sunderland for that last spot ?

Saying that I think hull only have one more winnable game so we ain't down yet but I think Burnley at home is going to be one mighty tense afternoon

I think Sunderland are all out of fight, which happily doesn't seem to be the case with ourselves. Its a dogfight alright, but I think its a fight we are going to win.

We could, but we play Southampton away (they are unbeaten in last 4 at home), Sunderland home (Saints haven't won away since 7 Feb at QPR)

I think one thing in our favour is that a lot of our rivals will play each other therefore they are all limited to how many points they can accumulate.  We only play Burnley who will more than likely be already relegated.

Sunderland got some great results at the end of last season to stay up so they will be able to draw on those experiences this season and might do it again.   We just have to play the way we have been with a few changes at the back,  my worry with Sherwood is he doesn't seem too good at grinding out results. 

Yes they almost certainly won't, but they don't have to in order for us to be in big trouble. This is just a plausibility or reasoning why Sunderland could win, and that every game is winnable for them. It's not unreasonable to expect they'll actually win a couple or more of their remaining games.

True, if Sunderland can win so can we. Hull proved that if we can beat Livershit, so can they. But it doesn't always happen though. Sometimes Burnley get the luck against Man City and for us the luck goes the other way.

If you admit it's 50/50 and we both have just as much chance as gaining points, why take a pessimistic view? Especially considering we already have more points on the board than them, and have an easier run-in on paper?

Sunderland got some great results at the end of last season to stay up so they will be able to draw on those experiences this season and might do it again.   We just have to play the way we have been with a few changes at the back,  my worry with Sherwood is he doesn't seem too good at grinding out results. 

I don't think that's fair.  He's got us playing some very good football, but unfortunately he inherited a team full of players who are prone to mistakes, and that's what's costing us.  It's not Sherwood who isn't good at grinding out results, it's the players.  That said, we had a very comfortable 1-0 win at Spurs, kept Liverpool at bay at Wembley, and came back twice at Man City.  We might not be able to grind out a nil-nil but we're playing goot football and never know when we're beaten, and that's what will keep us up.  If Lambert was still in charge I think we'd be down already.

• Like 1