Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Be weird seeing Bournemouth in the Prem and ourselves in the Championship. Still, at least we will have the chance to play Blues again.

Can you tell me who will form the next government please? Lottery numbers would be good as well.

Sunderland have Southampton at home, Everton away, Leicester at home, arsenal away, Chelsea away

If you see them getting more points out of that than us from our fixtures then you're nuts

We're playing better than them and have easier games

It's just a shame the games vs arsenal and Chelsea aren't now, could do with them getting a tonking and the GD being put a bit further away

Just don't get the pessimism

Beat Spurs away look the most comfortable I've seen us all season

Make Liverpool look like a pub side in the FA Cup

Yes we lost to Manure (Who we never beat anyway) and Man City away (Last seasons champions) after gifting them goals yet should have won after controlling the game with them needing help from the fourth official to get all 3 points

Sure..... were not going to win any more games between now and the end of the season

I don't know about others but how I feel is that the likelihood of it happening is increasing to a level that worries me a lot. No, we're not favourites to be the third team to go down, and we're probably gonna get 6-7 more points and that's enough, but at this point all we need is one howler on Saturday and Sunderland winning, and then we're in real pressure while Sunderland get their miracle confidence boost (like Leicester and Hull).

In this situation one bad game, one mistake, one unlucky bounce is staring to become too important for my liking. I think we'll stay up, but it's not really that unlikely that it'll happen either. Someone said odds are now 9/1. I guess that's accurate representation of the likelihood it happening and to be that's likely enough to be very worried.

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

WRONG
Ok boss. Either way, everything isn't as rosy as people are making it out to be.

Rosy? What forum have you been reading mate?

:lol: some people are way too calm, that's all!!

I am not calm!! Although I do think we will pick up points, I'm concerned others will pick up more!

I love how people are saying Newcastle are in this - they are on 35 points.... It will be a miracle if make it to 35 points ourselves!!

You think it will be a miracle if we win another game?
Hmmmm... Yea. I honestly don't think we will win another game. Well draw 2, lose the others.
So you think it'll be a miracle if we beat West Ham? Jesus christ
It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated to 8 victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left.

complete rubbish

either you havent watched a game in last 2 months or PFE

What's PFE?

posting for effect

If tonight has taught us anything it's that every team down at the bottom is fighting now and it doesn't matter if "on paper" it looks like a hard game; the 3 points are there for the taking.

I think we've got to stay above Sunderland.

My predicted run-in for them (being as generous as possible seeing as they will surely be as fired up now as us):

- Southampton (H) - Win

- Everton (A) - Draw

- Leicester (H) - Win

- Arsenal (A) - Draw

- Chelsea (A) - Loss

Many will slate me for predicting they could pick up another 8 points but I honestly think it's possible. More than 8 points is extremely unlikely imo. That puts them on 38 points with a similar goal difference to ours.

Therefore, we need to win (minimum, I feel) 50% or two out of four of our remaining games. Another point elsewhere taking our total to 7 would make it certain.

For me the key ingredient now is our nerve/confidence. We're playing terrific football but I still believe we are pretty fragile confidence-wise, particularly in front of our home crowd. Will the results others are picking up translate on to the pitch? I dearly hope not but it's possible. The first 15 minutes against Man City we looked very nervous and it was only when the game looked lost at 2-0 that we really came into our own. We CAN'T afford that in these last 4 games. We need to cut out the mistakes and be clinical - play with freedom but be disciplined at the same time.

Everton will be extremely tough - if we win that I'll be very confident we can stay up. If we draw, it cranks up the pressure a notch but it's still very much within our grasp. If we lose, we'll all be looking for that Sunderland-Southampton score and (were they to win) it'll be squeaky bum time and we won't be able to make any further slip-ups; which will be made all the more difficult by the fact that everyone will probably panic and start getting on the players' backs.

Whatever happens; just remember this: if the unthinkable happens, it won't be Tim Sherwood's fault in the slightest. The fact there's been such a remarkable turnaround under him and we're still deep in trouble just paints a picture of how awful things were under a certain Mr Lambert...

Anyway, we need to stick together and roar the lads home! UTV. 

• Like 1

We will come straight back up if we do go down.

There has been a marked improvement in our football.....but we still have a way to go in knowing how to win. We do seem to concede some poor goals.

It doesn't matter, who the others have got.....they have found a way to pick up points....that's the concern.

Edited by TRO

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

WRONG
Ok boss. Either way, everything isn't as rosy as people are making it out to be.

Rosy? What forum have you been reading mate?

:lol: some people are way too calm, that's all!!

I am not calm!! Although I do think we will pick up points, I'm concerned others will pick up more!

I hear you mate :)

For all those saying they can't see us getting anymore points, why?

Last three games we've played: Spurs, Liverpool and Man City and been the better team in all of them, yet now we look like not winning again; I just don't understand it.

Edited by penguin

Just don't get the pessimism

Beat Spurs away look the most comfortable I've seen us all season

Make Liverpool look like a pub side in the FA Cup

Yes we lost to Manure (Who we never beat anyway) and Man City away (Last seasons champions) after gifting them goals yet should have won after controlling the game with them needing help from the fourth official to get all 3 points

Sure..... were not going to win any more games between now and the end of the season 

Ha as a long standing member of this forum we must be playing well if a misery merchant like Villa Ash is even being supportive and backing us to win. ;)

Sherwood and his 50% win ratio will see us through, 2 wins, maybe a draw as well for good luck.

We will finish above Sunderland & Newcastle, probably Hull too, get taken over in the summer, Benteke will sign a new contract and the last few seasons will be a nightmare we can forget.

UP THE VILLA

• Like 3

It doesn't matter, who the others have got.....they have found a way to pick up points....that's the concern.

Sunderland can barely score a goal and Qpr haven't won at home all year I think.   My concern with us is the goals we are conceding.  Sherwood needs to find a balance and quick. He has options now and I'd like to see a back 5 of  Given, Cissokho, Vlaar, Senderos and Bacuna/Hutton.   I'd also be concerned about Sanchez and if he does start he should be subbed around the 60 minute mark as he gets worse and wrse as the game goes on.