Paul Lambert

limpid

New update:

If the club stays up, the takeover goes ahead.

If the takeover goes ahead, we get a new manager.

A new manager has been approached and is....rather exciting!

Update from that forum

Jut my opinion but maybe just maybe Culverhouse and Karsa might have undermined Lambert in some way. People say that they suspended Lamberts two buddies - but I think they are just like MON and his 'mates' that went everywhere he went - Robertson and Walford. Just like Little Gregory and Evans. Just a professional team.

Get the feeling that those two must have been causing some sort of issues and the players as someone said did not get on with them and it affected them and the team!

Maybe now the players will respond. Possibly issue was not just Lambert but the other two. And before I get the smart arse responses about Lambert - it's my opinion - maybe totally wrong and there is a conspiracy and Lambert is the Anti Christ and has 666 tattooed on his scalp!

Hi Naz, I think you are on the money. Culverhouse has never appeared to have an affinity with the players during games and everything about him is negative.

I think reason Faulkner made cowans and given coaches is for lambert to walk ASAP as it undermines him..

...because constructive dismissal (or anything that can be construed as that) has worked so well for us in the past.  

None of this is about Lambert going, if anything it is the club backing him so those who think this is a way of trying to push Lambert out are way way wide of the mark.

Really good of the club to back Lambert against the coaching staff he insisted on appointing!

And we paid Norwich for?

And that is different from a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues or performance how?

I said a couple of days ago a change was coming but not one of the two people were talking about, Lambert or Lerner and here it is. 

I can understand people thinking this is a pre-cursor to Lambert going or even a way of trying to push him out but that isn't the case.

I've no idea what's really going on at the club today but I do know this is different from "a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues of performance".

This is HIS key team - the one he's been with as a manager since 2008, so 6 years, and for virtually his whole career as a manager. It is a massive blow for Lambert to lose them and raises questions about how he will function effectively as manager in the future.

This clearly isn't likely to be something that just blew up at the Fulham game. I would suspect it's been a cancer at the heart of the first team set up for some time and maybe now we are starting to get an answer to our questions about what went so badly wrong with the club from about early December.

It certainly is odd to describe this as the club standing up for Lambert against his assistant manager and coaching staff. There is a feeling of something very dysfunctional happening here that will take a while to put right (and maybe will need more people to leave). 

Tend to agree.

If Culverhouse and Karsa were being an obstruction or pain in the ar*e to Lambert over a period of time then surely he would have the clout and gumption to do something about it. It should not need the CEO to intervene 5 games before the end of another disastrous season!

This might be as big as a cover-up as 9/11. Lambert out. Take 'em with you. Worst manger ever. Ruiner of Christmas's, birthday's and children's parties. I could put together a better squad with the same funds on Football Manager! Worst manager ever. Assembled the worst Villa team ever. 

I heard it was Culverhouse at Bodymoor Heath with a candle stick.

I love conspiracy theories - I have passed your details to Oliver Stone, with Stephen Ireland in the lead role - Should make a great movie! ;):)

New update:

Update from that forum

This would make sense... although why would we keep Lambert now?  Bit strange.

New update:

Update from that forum

This would make sense... although why would we keep Lambert now?  Bit strange.

Lerner still wants to save that little extra bit of money  ;)

Once again there are more questions than answered.

Very much a club in crisis.

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

He's actually split up with his wife since being at Villa I believe - so Karsa isn't techically his brother in law anymore

interesting. Thank you for that. Maybe it's the other way around - Karsa falling out with Lambert and it affecting the work relationship.

• Like 1

I think reason Faulkner made cowans and given coaches is for lambert to walk ASAP as it undermines him..

...because constructive dismissal (or anything that can be construed as that) has worked so well for us in the past.  

Yes, well we need to be prepared for another massive payout by the club to shed some more of its ill-judged managerial/coaching appointments.

Edited by briny_ear

Once again there are more questions than answered. Very much a club in crisis. 

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

He's actually split up with his wife since being at Villa I believe - so Karsa isn't techically his brother in law anymore

Pretty sure Karsa's wife is now training with the WAG bomb squad to be exact . I saw her shopping in Wilton market , but she was desperately trying to keep up appearances by putting her 1/4lb of breaded ham in a Selfridge's bag . I have heard her agent is trying to get her a position as David Platt's bit on the side.

• Like 1

Er yeah, exactly this only the opposite.

In your opinion.

Nope.  The only opinion involved here is Lambert's as to who he wanted.  That's why he's got Given and Cowans.

Â