Paul Lambert

limpid

None of this is about Lambert going, if anything it is the club backing him so those who think this is a way of trying to push Lambert out are way way wide of the mark.

Really good of the club to back Lambert against the coaching staff he insisted on appointing!

We don't know what happened yet so I don't expect the club to keep them if they broke club rules. What sort of example would that be setting?

Good lord, the club certainly know how to go things in style! Let's stick together says Faulkner, the day before suspending two coaches! You couldn't make it up!

Wonder would that mean Lambert made the decision? Faulkner wouldn't have made that statement if he knew this was going to happen.

Doesn't bode well for Lambert though, managers these days generally come as a three, with assistants they can trust and share same idealisations. Lambert's tactical ability is questionable at best even with the guys that he feels best to work with. If he's here next season, he'll have to start over again with coaches that share his vision. He seems doomed to me. 

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

Sid is an okay coach and a club man through and through, Given is an experienced player who is hopefully respected by the rest of the squad, but they're no substitute for proper, experienced first team staff - if Lambert stays, he'll need to move quickly on filling some of these holes.

Joining rumours together (which is always fun) there's a player coach role available here for Gareth Barry.

None of this is about Lambert going, if anything it is the club backing him so those who think this is a way of trying to push Lambert out are way way wide of the mark.

Really good of the club to back Lambert against the coaching staff he insisted on appointing!

And we paid Norwich for?

And that is different from a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues or performance how?

I said a couple of days ago a change was coming but not one of the two people were talking about, Lambert or Lerner and here it is. 

I can understand people thinking this is a pre-cursor to Lambert going or even a way of trying to push him out but that isn't the case.

• Like 4

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

Sid is an okay coach and a club man through and through, Given is an experienced player who is hopefully respected by the rest of the squad, but they're no substitute for proper, experienced first team staff - if Lambert stays, he'll need to move quickly on filling some of these holes.

Joining rumours together (which is always fun) there's a player coach role available here for Gareth Barry.

Would love that - he'd be our Ryan Giggs that we'd bring out once a month for an important clash!

And we paid Norwich for?

And that is different from a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues or performance how?

I said a couple of days ago a change was coming but not one of the two people were talking about, Lambert or Lerner and here it is. 

I can understand people thinking this is a pre-cursor to Lambert going or even a way of trying to push him out but that isn't the case.

If it is the case that Lambert is behind this surely he has to be given credit for identifying a problem and addressing it?

Pulls pin and tosses grenade....

Â