Paul Lambert

limpid

The Club can confirm that Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his first team coaching staff.

Paul Lambert said: "I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday which is what the whole group is focussed on."

Gordon Cowans said: "The manager has asked me to step up to assist him at this time and I'll do my utmost for the Club and the manager in helping prepare the team for Saturday's game against Southampton."

Shay Given said: "As players, it's important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and I'm delighted to play my part in helping the manager and the team go and try to win on Saturday."

The Club can also confirm in response to media speculation that Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have been suspended pending an internal investigation.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3768488,00.html

Shay Given seems a bit random, I suspect Lambert will now walk at the end of the season but is just kind of staying to try and help out.

Kind of staying to help out. Jesus he was bloody useless before so what motivation does he have now?

The Club can confirm that Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his first team coaching staff.

Paul Lambert said: "I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday which is what the whole group is focussed on."

Gordon Cowans said: "The manager has asked me to step up to assist him at this time and I'll do my utmost for the Club and the manager in helping prepare the team for Saturday's game against Southampton."

Shay Given said: "As players, it's important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and I'm delighted to play my part in helping the manager and the team go and try to win on Saturday."

The Club can also confirm in response to media speculation that Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have been suspended pending an internal investigation.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3768488,00.html

Well, it's a start...

I can't see him surviving today to be honest. His two best buddies have effectively been given the tin tack.

I expect we will be seeing Sid Cowans on the sidelines come saturday.

• Like 1

I can't see him surviving today to be honest. His two best buddies have effectively been given the tin tack.

I expect we will be seeing Sid Cowans on the sidelines come saturday.

They wouldn't put out the statement with his quotes in today if that was the case. He'll be a goner after we're safe or at the end of the season IMO.

Â