Paul Lambert

limpid

Wow. I heard one of them had been leaking the team lineups? But the idea of one of them arguing with Delph and Gabby is probably more interesting so let's go with that....

Edited by Tayls

None of this is about Lambert going, if anything it is the club backing him so those who think this is a way of trying to push Lambert out are way way wide of the mark.

Really good of the club to back Lambert against the coaching staff he insisted on appointing!

And we paid Norwich for?

And that is different from a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues or performance how?

I said a couple of days ago a change was coming but not one of the two people were talking about, Lambert or Lerner and here it is. 

I can understand people thinking this is a pre-cursor to Lambert going or even a way of trying to push him out but that isn't the case.

Maybe it's a bit like the Houllier situation? Wasn't everyone blaming Gary MacAllister for poor treatment of the squad yet when Houllier was taken ill and GMac took over and we started playing the same system as the previous season that the results markedly improved?

• Like 1

"I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday, which is what the whole group is focused on," said Lambert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27039466

Yeah but wasn't that put out by AVFC's official website (AKA Pravda)!?

It is on the OS along with a quote from Cowans saying Lambert asked him to step up.

Jut my opinion but maybe just maybe Culverhouse and Karsa might have undermined Lambert in some way. People say that they suspended Lamberts two buddies - but I think they are just like MON and his 'mates' that went everywhere he went - Robertson and Walford. Just like Little Gregory and Evans. Just a professional team.

Get the feeling that those two must have been causing some sort of issues and the players as someone said did not get on with them and it affected them and the team!

Maybe now the players will respond. Possibly issue was not just Lambert but the other two. And before I get the smart arse responses about Lambert - it's my opinion - maybe totally wrong and there is a conspiracy and Lambert is the Anti Christ and has 666 tattooed on his scalp!

Naz me old cocker - Every body knows the anti christ invented both the wheel & the over head kick both at the same time! ;):P

• Like 3

This might be as big as a cover-up as 9/11. Lambert out. Take 'em with you. Worst manger ever. Ruiner of Christmas's, birthday's and children's parties. I could put together a better squad with the same funds on Football Manager! Worst manager ever. Assembled the worst Villa team ever. 

I heard it was Culverhouse at Bodymoor Heath with a candle stick.

Edited by The_Steve

I  heard that Sid actually walked out last Thursday and that PL is considered unapproachable, "hiding" in his office instead of talking to the players. That said it maybe that the "day to day" was down to Culverhouse and Karsa.

Who knows - but it is a total mess! If the club management and players are not "united" WTF can the fans do?

This might be as big as a cover-up as 9/11. Lambert out. Take 'em with you. Worst manger ever. Ruiner of Christmas's, birthday's and children's parties. I could put together a better squad with the same funds on Football Manager! Worst manager ever. Assembled the worst Villa team ever. 

Is there really need for constant snipe after snipe at other posters for daring have an opinion on current events. 

Edited by nobler
  • Like 3

Once again there are more questions than answered.

Very much a club in crisis.

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

He's actually split up with his wife since being at Villa I believe - so Karsa isn't techically his brother in law anymore

Where did all these tactical experts emerge from? At least there's plenty of people on the forum who can adequately take over in case Lambert leaves.

Was thinking that.

Once again there are more questions than answered.

Very much a club in crisis.

If he's fallen out with those two, it must be something quite serious - he burnt his bridges at Norwich for Culverhouse and Karsa is his brother in law!

He's actually split up with his wife since being at Villa I believe - so Karsa isn't techically his brother in law anymore

That's the cause of the problem then!

None of this is about Lambert going, if anything it is the club backing him so those who think this is a way of trying to push Lambert out are way way wide of the mark.

Really good of the club to back Lambert against the coaching staff he insisted on appointing!

And we paid Norwich for?

And that is different from a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues or performance how?

I said a couple of days ago a change was coming but not one of the two people were talking about, Lambert or Lerner and here it is. 

I can understand people thinking this is a pre-cursor to Lambert going or even a way of trying to push him out but that isn't the case.

I've no idea what's really going on at the club today but I do know this is different from "a manager signing a player and then getting rid of them due to issues of performance".

This is HIS key team - the one he's been with as a manager since 2008, so 6 years, and for virtually his whole career as a manager. It is a massive blow for Lambert to lose them and raises questions about how he will function effectively as manager in the future.

This clearly isn't likely to be something that just blew up at the Fulham game. I would suspect it's been a cancer at the heart of the first team set up for some time and maybe now we are starting to get an answer to our questions about what went so badly wrong with the club from about early December.

It certainly is odd to describe this as the club standing up for Lambert against his assistant manager and coaching staff. There is a feeling of something very dysfunctional happening here that will take a while to put right (and maybe will need more people to leave). 

Jut my opinion but maybe just maybe Culverhouse and Karsa might have undermined Lambert in some way. People say that they suspended Lamberts two buddies - but I think they are just like MON and his 'mates' that went everywhere he went - Robertson and Walford. Just like Little Gregory and Evans. Just a professional team.

Get the feeling that those two must have been causing some sort of issues and the players as someone said did not get on with them and it affected them and the team!

Maybe now the players will respond. Possibly issue was not just Lambert but the other two. And before I get the smart arse responses about Lambert - it's my opinion - maybe totally wrong and there is a conspiracy and Lambert is the Anti Christ and has 666 tattooed on his scalp!

Naz me old cocker - Every body knows the anti christ invented both the wheel & the over head kick both at the same time! ;):P

Yeah my bad - he must be the son of the Anti Christ!

• Like 1

Â