Paul Lambert

limpid

I think reason Faulkner made cowans and given coaches is for lambert to walk ASAP as it undermines him..

Er yeah, exactly this only the opposite.

In your opinion.

No not really but people are free to think what they want. Only they should perhaps read the quotes from Lambert, Cowans and Given.

So thats Villa, West Brom, Swansea and Fulham all in dissaray at the moment. Love it. Exciting at least.

Yeah its brilliant seeing the club like this, what a strange thing to say.

Jesus, how touchy. Reminds me why I rarely bother with on topic these days. 

Not everyone has to be over consumed by grief by our current plight. I just pointed out that there are a number of clubs in very similar positions as us who all have degrees of in-fighting. If nothing else, it's mildly entertaining that there is so much apparent chaos going on. I think some people take football too seriously, get a sense of perspective. It's an 'entertainment' industry, your actual real life is unaffected by these events!

I'm not exactly enjoying my clubs situation, but I'm also not going to cry about it. Seems a bit odd, educated grown men crying over this sort of thing. When you consider the wider context of football (Sheiks, Oil Money, Political Influence)...these kinds of things are just handbags and merry-go-rounds aren't they?

No matter what you think of Faulkner, he is not dumb enough to promote Cowans/Given to simply undermine Lambert at such a critical stage of the season.

Why would it be dumb?

Maybe Faulkner and Lerner have realised that Lambert is useless and that after 7 defeats in our last 10 games he won't make any significant improvement in the remaining 5 games.

However, they also are aware that if they sack him they are liable for a load of compensation so their tactic is to undermine him hoping that he walks either now or at the end of the season.

"I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday, which is what the whole group is focused on," said Lambert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27039466

Yeah but wasn't that put out by AVFC's official website (AKA Pravda)!?

It is on the OS along with a quote from Cowans saying Lambert asked him to step up.
I know mate, but the OS put a positive spin on anything. It could just be PR 'dressing up'.

Edit: I guess what I'm getting at is that - would it be beyond the club to make up some positive quotes and attribute them accordingly?

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Gordon Cowans said: "The manager has asked me to step up to assist him at this time and I'll do my utmost for the Club and the manager in helping prepare the team for Saturday's game against Southampton."

He's lying!  It's all lies!  Must seek out conspiracy theories!

e81ddf30_angry_mob_by_acwraith.jpeg

• Like 2

"I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday, which is what the whole group is focused on," said Lambert.

It is on the OS along with a quote from Cowans saying Lambert asked him to step up.

I know mate, but the OS put a positive spin on anything. It could just be PR 'dressing up'.

You are aware how official websites work right?

No matter what you think of Faulkner, he is not dumb enough to promote Cowans/Given to simply undermine Lambert at such a critical stage of the season.

Why would it be dumb?

Maybe Faulkner and Lerner have realised that Lambert is useless and that after 7 defeats in our last 10 games he won't make any significant improvement in the remaining 5 games.

However, they also are aware that if they sack him they are liable for a load of compensation so their tactic is to undermine him hoping that he walks either now or at the end of the season.

Or maybe somebody has been pissing off squad members, and now we will see the real Agbonlahor.

Gordon Cowans said: "The manager has asked me to step up to assist him at this time and I'll do my utmost for the Club and the manager in helping prepare the team for Saturday's game against Southampton."

Er yes, we all read that...

So??????

Er yes, we all read that...

So??????

Is it not obvious? There's no conspiracy to undermine Lambert.

You are aware how official websites work right?

Yes, you are aware that the OS has been known in the past to try and put a positive spin on anything and everything!?

Â