Paul Lambert

limpid

• 1 month later...

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

The club will NEVER do well with this idiot in charge. He always seems to pull a result out of the bag then we have to put up with another 12 weeks of utter shite. Im sick and tired of this drained mumbling washed up excuse of a man attempting to be in charge of our football club. He has broken every crap record in the clubs history book and yet is somehow allowed to continue week in week making a complete shambles of everything and churning out some of the worst drivel I have ever heard in press conferences. He is pathetic, he needs to go, he should have gone after the Bradford embarrassment. This is probably the worst Villa team I have ever seen play, and that includes the team that was last relegated in the mid 80's.

Love the way people come on here and take the moral high ground regards the abuse our current manager is getting and in the same time were one of the worst against our previous manager?

There does seem to be a really weird mirroring thing going on, where those who hated Lambert the most are more reflective about Sherwood and those who lasted longest with Lambert have given up quickly with Sherwood. 

Personally, I was in favour of sacking Lambert about November, December time last year, so fairly late but not the latest, and I was probably one of the first to be in favour of 'Sherwood out', so I'm probably just a miserable petulant git. 

There does seem to be a really weird mirroring thing going on, where those who hated Lambert the most are more reflective about Sherwood and those who lasted longest with Lambert have given up quickly with Sherwood. 

I am not so sure that does equate in fairness. For me personally I guess I wanted Lambert gone around December time. For every minute he was here though I wanted him to turn things around and it never got as low as abuse and even now I still think the guy did his best but simply lost his way due to the weight of expectation and pressure of the job. I still wish him well though. I guess I would also be considered to be not anti Sherwood in as much as I have no problem with him being sacked but I am not against him being given more time to turn things around as I think it is still early days with a new squad. I would like to think as bad as things may well get that I won't stoop to personal abuse and will judge him on results as that will be enough of a stick to beat him with.

My hands are not clean though. I gave Houllier plenty of personal abuse and in hindsight I was a total tool for doing so. I didn't like him but at the end of the day I didn't know him and really above and beyond criticising him on football issues - results, formations, team selections etc the way he came across in interviews, and even the Anfield love in, was irrelevant and my rush to judgement to dislike him was misguided and almost certainly ill informed.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

The club will NEVER do well with this idiot in charge. He always seems to pull a result out of the bag then we have to put up with another 12 weeks of utter shite. Im sick and tired of this drained mumbling washed up excuse of a man attempting to be in charge of our football club. He has broken every crap record in the clubs history book and yet is somehow allowed to continue week in week making a complete shambles of everything and churning out some of the worst drivel I have ever heard in press conferences. He is pathetic, he needs to go, he should have gone after the Bradford embarrassment. This is probably the worst Villa team I have ever seen play, and that includes the team that was last relegated in the mid 80's.

Love the way people come on here and take the moral high ground regards the abuse our current manager is getting and in the same time were one of the worst against our previous manager?

With all due respect that was Lambert's THIRD season of drivel, he was given plenty of time and was in charge for 115 games , Sherwood has had 26 games in charge so far. Fair enough if Sherwood gets to 100+ games and the performances are crap but he has only had a handful of games this season with a new squad that is missing 3 of it's best players from Lambert's tenure. What a shit attempt at point scoring that post was :rolleyes:

Â