Paul Lambert

limpid

The worst manager ive ever seen at Villa

Depends on your age but he was no worse than Graham Turner, Billy McNeil, Dr Jo or Alec McLeish.

I got the impression that Lambert's confidence in himself and the squad was so badly affected he just set the team up 'not to lose', which brought about the fug of negativity and the weekly turgid displays.

He tried his best on a shoestring but proved he wasn't good enough. Do wish he stop talking about us now though as it does sound like sour grapes.

Look he came here to be a success at the club, who a working under different circumstances and Paul Faulkner . It didn't work he's left and we have a new manager and new circumstances.

Shit happens , he didn't come here with the intention if destroying the football club or trying to kill anyone

• Like 1

I never got a good feeling about his reign from the first two games, a very meek 1-0 defeat to West Ham when we didn't have a shot on target and then following week we were 3-0 down at home to Everton and it could've been even more. That hinted at the defensive chaos to come in his reign.

Just so many embarrasing things happened under his watch, 8-0, indeed 15-0 over xmas, Bradford, worst ever home form, insane run of games we didn't even score in, really he just turned us into a laughing stock and the look of a plucky lower league outfit playing in the premier league.

If things were so bad, then signing up for another 4 years this time last year dosen't seem to hint that he was that devestated at Lerner not selling the club.

• Like 2

Are you serious, someone puts a piece of paper infront of him and it basically reads "sign this and when you get sacked you get £2million" why wouldn't you sign it

This.

The things people make up to have a go at the bloke.

He failed at his job, there's enough sticks to beat him with without making stuff up.

Anyone else hear what he just said during halftime? Richard Keys mentioned West Ham beating Arsenal last weekend. Lambert said that we (Villa) did that to Arsenal a couple of seasons back. He then said "when you go to a big club in the season you know you don't have much chance, but if you catch them at the right time then you might have a chance".

I don't know if I'm being overly critical but it does sound like loser talk to me.

Seems like this video turned out to be eerily accurate in the end:

• Like 3

Are you serious, someone puts a piece of paper infront of him and it basically reads "sign this and when you get sacked you get £2million" why wouldn't you sign it

Well then don't **** moan about it later. Shows the kind of man he is.

Well then don't **** moan about it later. Shows the kind of man he is.

Are you still moaning about him, 6 months later?

[emoji12]

• Like 1

What's always intrigued me is that, as he now says, and we all knew, he needed more money, yet he ( supposedly ?) persuaded Benteke to stay , thus depriving himself of doing something similar to Sherwood now. Also, at around that time, he said if he was offered 20 m for Benteke he would " drive him there myself".

So why persuade him to stay ? If that is really what happened ?

The second thing that I'd love to know is whether, as it now seems, his ' young and hungry/ Dortmund's esque ' idea was a genuine philosophy or just a way of window dressing a ' cheap and cheerful' approach by the owner.....and if the former, as I believed ( and fully supported ) at the time what led him to abandoning it.

The third interesting one for me is that as he now says he decided he needed a " dig in" approach. I wonder when and was it the Chelsea result ? I also wonder why, as Sherwood seemed to take exactly the opposite view......not saying one was right and one wrong (Lambo kept us up to meet his brief just as Sherwood did) just why ? Especially as one version was, as he says himself, unlikely to meet with fans approval.

I think those saying how poor he was do so a little unfairly. He did acheive some very unwanted records, and certainly in his last season we had become unwatchable, but these things happened at a time of real financial stagnation and drift at the Club. We had been no great shakes towards the end of Mons last season, were poor a lot under Houllier, and woeful under McLeish. The odds were that we were on our way down when Lambo took over anyway.

I genuinely feel for the guy ( not too much as he made a fortune !) in that on appointment there was a lot in it for him and the Club, but it turned very sour. I don't think it is possible to judge properly as to his real abilities given all the circumstances. Although his comments about Grealish, last year, and some other stuff indicate he had either lost his nerve, been shellshocked, or whatever, by the end, being ultra cautious in contrast to his positive manner at Norwich and initially here.

Sherwood talked about getting rid of the losing mentality from the squad. Really though, he replaced the biggest loser of the lot. 

It's a shame, because he didn't come to the football club like that, but nearly 3 years here ground him down. I have some sympathy for him, but in retrospect he should have walked if he was so defeated mentally, and I think he was. He's basically said as much over the weekend now. 

I hope he can pull himself together because he's a decent guy. Maybe his next job shouldn't be a relegation scrap though - he might be better off taking a championship club or Celtic or something and getting some wins under his belt again. 

What's always intrigued me is that, as he now says, and we all knew, he needed more money, yet he ( supposedly ?) persuaded Benteke to stay , thus depriving himself of doing something similar to Sherwood now. Also, at around that time, he said if he was offered 20 m for Benteke he would " drive him there myself".

So why persuade him to stay ? If that is really what happened ?

The second thing that I'd love to know is whether, as it now seems, his ' young and hungry/ Dortmund's esque ' idea was a genuine philosophy or just a way of window dressing a ' cheap and cheerful' approach by the owner.....and if the former, as I believed ( and fully supported ) at the time what led him to abandoning it.

The third interesting one for me is that as he now says he decided he needed a " dig in" approach. I wonder when and was it the Chelsea result ? I also wonder why, as Sherwood seemed to take exactly the opposite view......not saying one was right and one wrong (Lambo kept us up to meet his brief just as Sherwood did) just why ? Especially as one version was, as he says himself, unlikely to meet with fans approval.

I think those saying how poor he was do so a little unfairly. He did acheive some very unwanted records, and certainly in his last season we had become unwatchable, but these things happened at a time of real financial stagnation and drift at the Club. We had been no great shakes towards the end of Mons last season, were poor a lot under Houllier, and woeful under McLeish. The odds were that we were on our way down when Lambo took over anyway.

I genuinely feel for the guy ( not too much as he made a fortune !) in that on appointment there was a lot in it for him and the Club, but it turned very sour. I don't think it is possible to judge properly as to his real abilities given all the circumstances. Although his comments about Grealish, last year, and some other stuff indicate he had either lost his nerve, been shellshocked, or whatever, by the end, being ultra cautious in contrast to his positive manner at Norwich and initially here.

Well said

Â