Paul Lambert

limpid

On the contrary, I think it was a very successful attempt at point scoring. 

If you mean it's not important, then I agree with you, but it wasn't unsuccessful. 

EDIT: Reply to KHV, no idea how to quote him. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

I've always found it pathetic when people make comments like that. KHV your hate for the manager is seemingly stronger than the desire to see "your" supposed club do well and stay in the division. I don't get it!

The club will NEVER do well with this idiot in charge. He always seems to pull a result out of the bag then we have to put up with another 12 weeks of utter shite. Im sick and tired of this drained mumbling washed up excuse of a man attempting to be in charge of our football club. He has broken every crap record in the clubs history book and yet is somehow allowed to continue week in week making a complete shambles of everything and churning out some of the worst drivel I have ever heard in press conferences. He is pathetic, he needs to go, he should have gone after the Bradford embarrassment. This is probably the worst Villa team I have ever seen play, and that includes the team that was last relegated in the mid 80's.

Love the way people come on here and take the moral high ground regards the abuse our current manager is getting and in the same time were one of the worst against our previous manager?

With all due respect that was Lambert's THIRD season of drivel, he was given plenty of time and was in charge for 115 games , Sherwood has had 26 games in charge so far. Fair enough if Sherwood gets to 100+ games and the performances are crap but he has only had a handful of games this season with a new squad that is missing 3 of it's best players from Lambert's tenure. What a shit attempt at point scoring that post was :rolleyes:

No you were giving out about people personally abusing Sherwood.  How many games in charge is baseless.  'Mumbling washed up excuse of a man' doesnt come more insulting.  I get you like Sherwood but dont come the morale high ground when people say something against him when you done the exact same when Lambert was in charge.

• Like 1

I wouldnt while we are losing under Sherwood at least we have scored goals. Rather watch paint dry than the Lambert style of football

we have double the amount of goals we had at this stage last season, we had 4 goals up until November 2nd last season

Lambert was a broken man well before last season maybe January 2014 it started happening and got more negative as months went on, even after a good start last season he didnt have a clue how to keep it up

I'd be no more confident staying up under Lambert than I am under Sherwood. On the one hand you have a guy who over his last 18 months here increasingly lost his way to the point he was a total shadow of the man that first came in and left us as a side who over his last 4 or 5 months here could hardly create a decent chance let alone score a goal. We were a side far more concerned with stopping the opposition scoring and had become non existent as an attacking threat. That wasn't for a brief spell that was pretty much 21 games of crap that yielded 12 points and 8 goals. It has perhaps been forgotten but some of the performances over that last few months were shameful and lacked any desire most notably the 3-0 at Everton, 2-0 at QPR, 5-0 at Arsenal and 2-0 at Hull and the negative anti football crap we witnessed at VP last Christmas in 0-0 draws against Palace and Sunderland.

In Sherwood we have a guy results wise who is accumulating a very similar dire record as his predecessor. The only difference being that we have been well in every game this season and have only lost by the odd goal so far although today could well change that. It is also of course very early in Sherwoods reign. Lambert had the best part of three seasons for which around half of it he was in rapid decline and the results and performances were for the most part at best poor. Sherwood I would argue could yet after 8 league games with his own squad prove the early reservations against him to be incorrect although with every passing game that seems increasingly unlikely.

I suppose to sum up one of them has proven beyond all doubt he wasn't up to the task of managing Aston Villa and was simply taking us backwards. The other is building a strong case against himself and is on the verge of proving he also isn't up to the task.

Edited by markavfc40

In truth Lambert had the hardest job out of all managers in my memory at Villa and was constantly battling against the odds, if he was given a fair crack at it and allowed offer more than 20k per week to signings then he could be judged fairly.

In truth Lambert had the hardest job out of all managers in my memory at Villa and was constantly battling against the odds, if he was given a fair crack at it and allowed offer more than 20k per week to signings then he could be judged fairly.

The first two seasons were tough for him in terms of being able to assemble a decent squad but the last season he was here I thought he had assembled a half decent squad and it is safe to assume the likes of Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Cleverley, Guzan, Sinclair, Kozak, Hutton, Gabby who were either signed by Lambert or signed contracts during his time here were on way more than 20k a week.

His problem wasn't in assembling a squad he did well with that given what he had to spend his problem was getting anything out of them and his last months here were beyond painful to watch. His replacement like Lambert has reduced the wage bill and I'd be confident in saying many of his signings are on in Premier league terms very low wages. Unfortunately he is also be going down the same route results wise which if things continue as they are will ultimately lead him to the same exit door.

The first two seasons were tough for him in terms of being able to assemble a decent squad but the last season he was here I thought he had assembled a half decent squad and it is safe to assume the likes of Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Cleverley, Guzan, Sinclair, Kozak, Hutton, Gabby who were either signed by Lambert or signed contracts during his time here were on way more than 20k a week.

His problem wasn't in assembling a squad he did well with that given what he had to spend his problem was getting anything out of them and his last months here were beyond painful to watch. His replacement like Lambert has reduced the wage bill and I'd be confident in saying many of his signings are on in Premier league terms very low wages. Unfortunately he is also be going down the same route results wise which if things continue as they are will ultimately lead him to the same exit door.

Vlaar was a mess last season and other than the first 4 games he was mostly injured, Benteke wasn't fit, Kozak was injured and he only had Sinclair for just over a month before being sacked. Despite that it doesn't excuse how shit we were last season and Lambert takes the blame at the end of it all. While Sherwood can offer richards 65k per week on a free and spend in and around £10m on 3 of his signings and getting in Lescott on what I'd guess are big wages, Lambert was scrapping the barrel bringing in the likes of Richardson, Cole and Senderos on peanuts. Big difference there and Sherwood can have no excuses as could the likes of Mon, McLeish and houllier who were all backed from above.

Overall Sherwood has still reduced the wage bill of a team that finished 17th. He also lost the four best players he inherited from a team that finished 17th. Sherwood for me has had it no easier than Lambert. Krulak said Lambert had spent more than any other manager under Lerner. I realise that without being able to pay the wages spending on fees counts for very little which is why I have a lot of sympathy for Lambert in terms of what he was given to spend. Similarly I also had sympathy for McLeish. He lost Friedel, Downing, Ash Young, Luke Young and Walker from the side that finished the previous season and was given 17 mill to replace them and overall had to reduce the wage bill.

Financial constraints, post Houllier, have made it inevitable that we will struggle. However I give Lambert credit for assembling the squad he did unfortunately he totally lost his way, abandoned the attacking convictions he arrived with and ended up a shell of the manager we thought we had when he arrived and over the last 12 months or so served up some terrible negative football producing some dire results.

Sherwood I think again given what he had to replace and what he had to spend whilst reducing the wage bill has done ok although I am taking a huge leap of faith with some of the foreign signings in hoping they will come good. However as with Lambert thinking the manager has assembled a decent squad means f all unless they can get the best out of them. Lambert proved he couldn't and Sherwood is well on his way to doing the same sadly.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

DOn't get me wrong. I'd rather have neither of them. But given the choice I'd go for Lambert. At least he was a manager. Not a very good one, but a manager nonetheless.

I'm not convinced Sherwood is one.

We were down with Lambert last season, no doubt about it.  I also think we're down under Sherwood this season so not much difference.  One proved he was useless here, the other is currently proving he's going the same way. 

Lambert had nearly 3 years, he had a fair crack at it, if he was better then he would have been the one spending the money Sherwood was given in the summer but he wasn't. 

It's just upsetting that we keep getting managers who can't do a **** thing right.  From houllier to mcleish to lambert and now to the current shambles under Sherwood.  Depressing stuff. 

• Like 1

We were down with Lambert last season, no doubt about it.  I also think we're down under Sherwood this season so not much difference.  One proved he was useless here, the other is currently proving he's going the same way. 

Lambert had nearly 3 years, he had a fair crack at it, if he was better then he would have been the one spending the money Sherwood was given in the summer but he wasn't. 

It's just upsetting that we keep getting managers who can't do a **** thing right.  From houllier to mcleish to lambert and now to the current shambles under Sherwood.  Depressing stuff. 

All comes back to Lerner.

• Like 1

Â