Paul Lambert

limpid

Yes. One of them is a deliberately leading metaphor.

yes, and Pat Murphy suggesting Lambert was the reason we stayed in the league isn't leading? I even admitted that at the time I had said as much.

I'm really not sure what the point of your post is?

• 3 weeks later...

lambert was a pundit on setanta.

he's been on 60 minute make over.

new haircut and contact lenses.

doesn't change the fact he sends you to sleep the minute he starts talking.

did he say we go again?

I could see him getting a job soon. There will be a few clubs that sack their manager. 

Yep.

He'll be in the mix when the sack race starts this season.

He'll pop up at Sunderland I reckon.

Yep, good chance of that.

Leicester, Bournemouth, West Brom even Norwich. If/when those guys sack their manager I could see him being amongst the candidates. 

Probably not Watford. 

I could see him getting a job soon. There will be a few clubs that sack their manager. 

Yep.

Leicester, Bournemouth, West Brom even Norwich. If/when those guys sack their manager I could see him being amongst the candidates. 

Probably not Watford. 

Just imagine the series of events that would have to occur at Bournemouth to sack Eddie Howe, a man who has masterminded their navigation up from the doldrums, and end up with Paul Lambert. No one deserves that!

Yep.

Probably not Watford. 

Just imagine the series of events that would have to occur at Bournemouth to sack Eddie Howe, a man who has masterminded their navigation up from the doldrums, and end up with Paul Lambert. No one deserves that!

To be fair, Lambert masterminded Norwich's rise from the 1st division to the Premier League, then got poached by a much bigger club.

What's to say the same doesn't happen to Eddie Howe? Who better to replace him the copy than the original?  :P

• Like 1

but the comment was that Howe was to get sacked

Yeah true, but getting sacked isn't that likely in the case of Howe. If he were to move to a bigger club the net effect for Bournemouth is the same. And Lambert could well be lurking.

Yep, just can't see him as a manager who could come to a struggling side and change it enough in a short period. I think if he does end up with a struggling prem side and a few months to save them he'll do irreversible damage to his career.

Yep.

Probably not Watford. 

Oh I agree. I would be incredibly surprised if Howe got sacked.

I was just saying IF, and it's a huge if, he did, then I'm sure Lambert would be amongst the candidates to replace him.

Â