Paul Lambert

limpid

Now that Lambert has had the chance to get his head back together, I'd have him back as a 3rd or 4th choice, provided he agreed to maintain a competent and complete management team around him.

back where?

I wouldnt have him as 3rd or 4th choice for an under 11 team

• Like 2

McCleish has a higher reputation in the game though, Lambert is damaged goods in England for me. He needs to do a McLaren and go to Netherlands, Germany or somewhere like that and try rebuild his confidence and reputation

• Like 1

McCleish has a higher reputation in the game though, Lambert is damaged goods in England for me. He needs to do a McLaren and go to Netherlands, Germany or somewhere like that and try rebuild his confidence and reputation

No chance is he damaged goods, he can get a job in championship very easily. Also I would say he would be a contender for Celtic job if their current manager leaves. If strachan ever leaves Scotland I can Lambert as a strong contender as well. 

Would not be suprised to see Lambert back at norwich one day either

It would be a serious case of Stockholm syndrome

Exactly what I was thinking

It does seem that time is indeed a healer. What short memories people have. 

Lambert kept us up twice when most other managers would have failed, took a Norwich team who when he joined were a shambles through the divisions and once in the Premiership got them mid-table playing good football. I don't think it's all that mad for me to trust Lambert with our future more so than I do Sherwood. Ideally I'd prefer us to try something completely new though, like Biesla or Remi Garde (wishful thinking I know).

Edited by useless

Lambert's time at Villa is done and best forgotten about but if someone made me choose between the two and neither wasn't an option i'd take Lambert all day long.

in a hypothetical situation when there's only 2 options I could understand. There's no real difference, they've both **** made me hate watching my club.

But some aren't taking about that.

Lambert's time at Villa is done and best forgotten about but if someone made me choose between the two and neither wasn't an option i'd take Lambert all day long.

in a hypothetical situation when there's only 2 options I could understand. There's no real difference, they've both **** made me hate watching my club.

But some aren't taking about that.

Well then they need their heads seeing to.

Very similar. Like Sherwood, he was unable to get the best out of players, his tactical decisions were questionable and his insistence on doing the same thing over and over again is just as frustrating as Sherwood changing things all the time. 

I didn't see anything to suggest he'd have done better with more money.

I see our current plight is leading to some blatant historical revisionism on this thread then. 

The only thing I can say for Lambert is that he seemed like a nicer person than Sherwood. He was every bit as dreadful for this football club, every single bit. 

• Like 1

Â