Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert's head went. He was given a near impossible task and it wrecked him. It's a shame because I do think he had a lot of potential and most people were pretty happy when we signed him, but the budget constraints were insanity imo! We had a bunch of bloated underperformers and no money to try and improve the squad. Ultimately I think it ground him down, I mean remember we had a good start to last season, so he had the skill to do something right, but years of teetering on the precipice and just not being able to compete quality wise finished him off - I mean we were up against teams with single players who cost more than our whole squad. It's a pity, if the lambert who managed Norwich was available I d take him again in a heartbeat but he's ruined

Wonder how Lambert would of got on if he was handed £55m in his first transfer window and where we would be now...

probably be relegated or in same position

He spent quite a bit in his first transfer window and didn't have to sell his two best players. Benteke saved Lambert. 

Wonder how Lambert would of got on if he was handed £55m in his first transfer window and where we would be now...

probably be relegated or in same position

He spent quite a bit in his first transfer window and didn't have to sell his two best players. Benteke saved Lambert. 

He spent on average £2.5m per player and was only allowed offer small wages, he signed Benteke so deserves plenty of praise for that also. Given £55m and 2 free transfers, one of which is on £65k per week I believe he would of got us sorted out but typical of us to not back the one manager who was on the up and looking promising and instead wait until we get rid of him and then back a novice who is out of his depth...

In the Birmingham mail saying he spoke to lukaku and Bony but wasn't given money to make either deal happen. 

Adding more criticism to Lerner in that the club needed to spend more. 

About time the media focused on our shit owner more.

• Like 1

I think the Lukaku link was well publicised at the time wasn't it?
Wasn't it the same year we bought Benteke. 

Or was it he tried to get Lukaku on loan? The season he went to West Brom maybe.

I remember thinking we'd have had Benteke and Lukaku up front at the same time anyway, which would have been interesting!

I think the Lukaku link was well publicised at the time wasn't it?
Wasn't it the same year we bought Benteke. 

Or was it he tried to get Lukaku on loan? The season he went to West Brom maybe.

I remember thinking we'd have had Benteke and Lukaku up front at the same time anyway, which would have been interesting!

Think it was actually Bony that was well pulbicised prior to us getting Benteke. We had a loan deal in place with a view to buy but then they wanted £12 million up front.

Edited by sexbelowsound

We'd have 55 league one players on the books, 4 of which wouldn't be toilet.  :)

Edited by Mister_a
  • Like 1

In the Birmingham mail saying he spoke to lukaku and Bony but wasn't given money to make either deal happen. 

The fans don't do enough, Lerner gets away with murder and it has been accepted. His long-term PR campaign has soften the minds of supporters who still think, 'well, at least he isn't Doug'.

The main is a cretin, a fraud and an all round loser. Whatever he touches turns to shit - but he knows how to spin!

• Like 2

The fans don't do enough, Lerner gets away with murder and it has been accepted. His long-term PR campaign has soften the minds of supporters who still think, 'well, at least he isn't Doug'.

The main is a cretin, a fraud and an all round loser. Whatever he touches turns to shit - but he knows how to spin!

How can you protest a man that is never actually at the club?

Its also hard to protest Lerner Out when he wants out himself

Yes pointless protesting Lerner out when he has wanted out for a long time. Interesting that nobody wants to buy us. I like Lambert, he kept his mouth shut for so long, but I think he's a good manager, did well to keep Villa in the division two years running, he did a great job at Norwich. 

He's obviously looking for a job. Wouldn't surprise me if he popped up at Newcastle when they sack Mcclaren. He did a very good job of hiding what a diabolical owner Lerner is, he could do the same with Ashley.

I have no ill feelings towards Lambert to be honest, seems like a decent guy just wasnt helped by his bosses 

He will be back at Norwich I think

Â