Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I wanna know where this supposed 8 million has come from. If you ask me its utter bollocks and if we did spend that much money on Cleverley instead of someone else (i can think of quite a few players id rather sign) id be so disappointed. 

I wouldn't start him.

As a club with no money, we shouldn't be sloshing out £8m on a player who doesn't walk into our first XI.

Even those who rate him, will he transform our central midfield?

It must be less than £8m. £5m, I can cope.

No way is Gibson a better player.

Gibson has done well for Everton since his move - has been unlucky with a bad injury. He's definitely better value - Hopefully Cleverly can turn out to be the better player. 

Cleverly will say good say to his England career - even if he turns out to be a revelation here.

No way is Gibson a better player.

Gibson has done well for Everton since his move - has been unlucky with a bad injury. He's definitely better value - Hopefully Cleverly can turn out to be the better player. 

Cleverly will say good say to his England career - even if he turns out to be a revelation here.

I'm not saying Gibson is rubbish. I just think Cleverley is the better all round player. Gibson is actually a good example of player who was a scape goat at United but went on to prove that he's actually a good player, just a pity for him with his injuries.

Have to agree that 8m is nothing in todays game. 8m is the new 5m.

Just look at Bale, Neymar, Suarez. 80m is the new 50m.

Man Utd's kit deal just doubled to 750m! There has been a hell of a lot of money pumped into the game now, prices have gone up.

1. Not good enough for Man United does not equal not good enough for Aston Villa - I can't see Di Maria's private jet on the horizon in Birmingham. Do we want our money back for Cissokho because Liverpool fans mocked him?

2. Better players will always be sold for smaller fees than 8m because of the wages they are offered and the current credibility those buying clubs have - sadly, Villa are not there at the minute.

3. Tom Cleverley was made a scapegoat at United and nowhere near the disaster it was claimed.

4. Cleverley has talent, unquestionable work ethic, great attitude and can pass the ball well. He'll improve us.

5. Who do you trust more - the bandwagon of petitioners who looked for an easy target when United and England were rubbish - or people like Martinez, Hodgson, Giggs (find the interview) and Moyes? Just because two of those names are also currently not flavour of the month doesn't mean they don't know quite a lot about football.

Give the guy a bloody chance and you might be surprised.

Have to agree with this, would even hazard a guess most people writing off Cleverly as a decent signing are only doing so on the back of the criticism he has got over the england team - yes he is prob not good enough for england but i believe he is certainly good enough to go straight in our starting 11 and improve us.

If he does come i think many will be pleasantly surprised - a midfiled trio of Sanchez, Delph and Cleverly i think would work well.

Â