Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Not sure about Cleverley, Fergie must have seen something in him for put him in the first team, and he did do well at Wigan. If it comes off, I'd love him to be great. Who knows. 8mil seems like a lot though. When was the last time we signed a man utd player? Could it be Mr. McGrath!?

.Rossi said: 

Villa fans have their say

Cleverley would be better going to Everton or Hull if he could, Villa have turned into an absolute shit Football Club with a shit Manager as well.

From that Man U forum. Having had a read through their I must admit they do seem to know that we are a bunch of miserable moaning bastards. lol

Probably because a lot of them are from Birmingham......

• Like 2

Not sure about Cleverley, Fergie must have seen something in him for put him in the first team, and he did do well at Wigan. If it comes off, I'd love him to be great. Who knows. 8mil seems like a lot though. When was the last time we signed a man utd player? Could it be Mr. McGrath!?

I believe our only two signings from United since the beginning of the Premiership are Ronny Johnson and Eric Djemba-Djemba.

• Like 1

I wasn't exactly over the moon when I first saw this but then again I had the same reactions to Senderos, Cissoko and seeing Hutton back in the fold.

I'm not certain how he will fit into the side but I think there is a good player in there and given the chance to be a focal point of a midfield we might be able to find that player.

I'm not concerned over the transfer fee.  I'd rather we were spending over the odds on a player like Cleverly rather than bringing in another Sylla,

• Like 1

All he needs is confidence, at man utd he knows that he is constantly ridiculed and that the fans don't like him.

If he comes here and can relax and just concentrate on his game, i really do believe he could excel for us. 

Who'd have thought that Delph would come so good?

I believe our only two signings from United since the beginning of the Premiership are Ronny Johnson and Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Bardsley on loan from Man U?

It says a lot when you pay £8m for a player yet can't see who he is better than in our current starting xi

Could this not have waited until next summer and picked him up for free? For a club that's allegedly got no money this makes absolutely no sense to blow the entire budget on someone who wont improve the starting xi much, if at all.

• Like 1

A lot of people on the United forum seem to think he's a solid enough player for a club like ours. He had a good spell for them, got injured, and hasn't looked the same since, but I wonder whether he just needs a fresh start. Trying to recover form after a bad injury is hard enough, but the expectation at United will be extra intense. It can be a downward spiral from there.

I don't know. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though and hope a new start revitalises him.

For me the grumble is the alleged fee for a player whose reputation has lessened and has just a year left on his contract. As for Cleverly himself, considering the midfield options we've the last few years and what it could be end of this window, I'd say he's a welcome addition.

Well short term I'd imagine he'll take Westwood's place but I can't help feeling now in the England squad clubs higher up the league will start looking more at Delph.

Anyway a midfield now will be Sanchez-Cleverley-Delph...anyone have the clue where the creativity is in that or are we just going to hit long balls for our clueless forward runners to chase after?

It says a lot when you pay £8m for a player yet can't see who he is better than in our current starting xi

Could this not have waited until next summer and picked him up for free? For a club that's allegedly got no money this makes absolutely no sense to blow the entire budget on someone who wont improve the starting xi much, if at all.

tumblr_lriwexZtdm1qhv3ks.gif

• Like 1

Bardsley on loan from Man U?

Ahh you are correct, I was only thinking of permanent ones. 

.Rossi said:

Villa fans have their say

Cleverley would be better going to Everton or Hull if he could, Villa have turned into an absolute shit Football Club with a shit Manager as well.

From that Man U forum. Having had a read through their I must admit they do seem to know that we are a bunch of miserable moaning bastards. lol

Have they ordered a plane to fly over Mould Trafford yet?

• Like 1

Jumble-Jumble, Ronnie Johnson, Phil Bardsley on loan. I think Cleverley will be nearer these signings than Mcgrath. In fairness Johnson did a good job for us. Whoops- this has already been answered. My bad as the young folk say.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Anyway a midfield now will be Sanchez-Cleverley-Delph...anyone have the clue where the creativity is in that or are we just going to hit long balls for our clueless forward runners to chase after?

As someone pointed out: his style is very much "pass and move". I could imagine him complementing Delph and Benteke's individual styles of play.

Â