Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I love it how the armchair accountants have decided there must be be better value players out there !With very rare exceptions you pay the going rate and you get what you pay for.

If they get 8m for him it will because more than one club would pay 7m......and if there are cheaper players,of similar quality,how are available, and want to come,then I think it is safe to assume pl would get them instead !

I think people are baulking at the price partly because Lambert has been so good as getting more than what you pay for over the last few summers. Benteke, Vlaar, Westwood have all been exceptional value, Cissokho, Kozak, Okore and Sanchez look very much like they will be too, plus smart frees like Guzan and Senderos (possibly). I really think Lambert's work in the transfer market has been pretty exceptional, especially when he's had some money to spend, so if he thinks Cleverley is worth it I'll back him.

Just need to turn all these exceptional value players in to positive results now.

If he signs, I'm not going to give him a chance and even if has a good game I'll still expend all my energy putting him down.

FYI this post is getting ripped to pieces on redcafe.

They clearly missed the sarcasm.

I think they're probably taking offence at the missing 'he' and 'of'.

Even if his been awful and is hated by every football fan/England fan, I'm welcoming him to our team. Bit surprised where the money come from and why him but if Lambert and Roy feel that Cleverley has a point to prove in Villa then I'm supporting it. UTV

• Like 1

If he signs, I'm not going to give him a chance and even if has a good game I'll still expend all my energy putting him down.

I think they're probably taking offence at the missing 'he' and 'of'.

Didn't even notice that :D

Over the last few years we've cheaped out, become an awful team and had to move on a lot of those cheap signings because they weren't good enough.

I'm glad we're signing a good premiership player now and aiming higher with the quality of signings we're making.

• Like 2

Well they missed Vlaar's good form, his pace and quite a lot more. What do you expect from a bunch of idiots who got on their managers back after five minutes (Moyes), but now blame the players. Put that on your forum you bunch of never had it so good and now cant cope idiots.

• Like 2

Over the last few years we've cheaped out, become an awful team and had to move on a lot of those cheap signings because they weren't good enough.

I'm glad we're signing a good premiership player now and aiming higher with the quality of signings we're making.

Question is: is he a "good" premier league player or are we paying over the odds for a mediocre underachiever whose value is pumped up because of the Man U link?

Only time will tell - if he decides to come to us.

I'm on the fence with this one.

It could be all the shenanigans at old Trafford could have affected him more than most.

....as for citing the international bit....judging by what I saw in the World Cup with our lot, I'd be keeping that one quiet.

I've seen him play well and not so well, so que sera sera.

lol

• Like 1

Lambert must really see something in this kid.

He rarely buys players from this division and certainly not players for this amount of money. If has has a set budget and is spending a large chunk of it on Tom Cleverley then he must have confidence in him becoming a good players for us.

That's good enough for me.

For now.

Question is: is he a "good" premier league player or are we paying over the odds for a mediocre underachiever whose value is pumped up because of the Man U link?

Time will tell.  I think he's done enough so far to show he's more than capable of performing well at this level.

How often have we signed someone like that over the last few years?

That is also at the back of my mind.....good job, I' m not the manager, 'I'd be looking for second opinions at 8 grand.

They do have some conkers, buy hey.....it ain't their money.

lol

You class westwood as a good player but not cleverley?

Â