Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Could be a Sidwell esque signing this. Someone who's lost his way at a big club and can't quite get it going here.

Also an example of when spending a big fee might look ambitious for fans but not if it's in the wrong area or wrong player. Richard will be happy though.

blah blah blah blah blah

What I'm basing my comments on, is that I've seen him play in attacking roles, as well as central midfield, and he's not been as wasteful as Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia and that Grealish is still inexperienced and shouldn't be relied on to be our best attacking option. He's been poor for Man Utd, but just imagine how dreadful Gabby, Weimann and Zog would be for Man Utd. Cleverley is not a bad player. Cheers for the 'talking out my arse' and 'dribble' comments also. You're obviously a fantastic poster who has a lot of great things to say.

Willing to bet Everton or Hull offer more wages than us!!

Why don't we go for someone like Jordi Clasie he would cost around the same and less wages and a much better player.

Clasie would be a great shout, Wijnaldum would be awesome too.

Realistic moves if we have £8m to spend

Been mulling this one over all evening and I still can't decide whether it would work. He'd probably fit in very well at Everton, but at Villa?

And does his price have more to do with where he is currently playing, or actual value?

The only problem I have with it is there are plenty of Man U youngsters who have come through the ranks and been extremely highly thought of because, well, they've played for Man U under Alex Ferguson, they must be good. Yet in the cold light of day years later they never really stood out when they dropped down the league or indeed leagues. 

e.g. Chris Eagles, Luke Chadwick, Darron Gibson, Jonathan Greening. 

I remember Cleverley did well at Wigan, I don't really remember his spell at Watford.

I think to be honest I'd much rather Villa spent the money on a player who has proven themselves too good for the Champiosnhip (e.g. Danny Ings) than a player who has proven themselves not good enough to be a squad player at a top club. 

Â