Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

If we sign Cleverly I will start to believe a takeover is on the cards.

I reckon the opposite - you wouldn't buy a new kitchen if you were in the process of selling your house.

Not remotely true - it would increase the value of the property and loads of people renovate homes then sell or rent them for profit. But i see what you're trying to say. 

If he comes it won't be for 8 mil in my humble opinion. How can United and the fans want rid of him so badly and ask for 8 MILLION for a player they can't wait to see the back of cos they think he's shit?! Ridiculous. 

Edited by tomh621

FWIW, he had Man United's best pass rate percentage last year, and was ranked 18th overall in the division.

He tends to pass sideways, doesn't take chances.

Its not even sideways. Its actually back slightly and ive noticed other players having to stop their momentum when he passes. This may be happening because of lack of confidence and utd fans on his back.

He keeps the ball . We don't. 

An improvement for us IMO. 

So we can keep the ball even more as the likes of Weimann and Gabby waste chances still. I guess we will have a few more % of possession though... we should have just kept Bannan.

whmb.gif

Someone just made a very good point on another site.

Young is not good enough for Man U and the the fans think he is shit. Milner will probably hardly play for City again.

Both of those were our best players....

I know what you're saying, but in the case of Milner it's not a fair comparison.

Milner was only ever a "decent" winger. Even for us.

It wasn't until he moved to the middle for us that he became a great player in our team, and probably our best player. That's where he "earned" his move to City.

He's never really played there for city. He's moved back to a wide player where, again, he's only ever been decent.

That being said your general point is valid. Not good enough for United (or England fwiw) doesn't mean not good enough for Villa, given where we are right now.

I'm still underwhelmed by Cleverley if we sign him, but if I'm being honest with myself he'll end up being a decent player for us.

• Like 4

Hope this is a ruse and we are in for somebody else and playing hardball on the fee. This will be as bad as £12m for Shane long. It's the same feeling I had when we signed leonhardsen, Calderwood, Shorey. Players that you had seen enough of to know they were shit and not going to work out.

It's the midfield equivalent of spending £8mil on Bendtner.

If you buy a young player for £1m, championship, league 1 you will give them a chance and Not seen enough of them at a top level to know if they will be good enough. I've seen enough of Cleverley and it's wank! Never understood the hype when they were singing his praises..... What for? What does he do?

• Like 1

If we sign Cleverly I will start to believe a takeover is on the cards.

I reckon the opposite - you wouldn't buy a new kitchen if you were in the process of selling your house.

I sell kitchens for a living and you couldn't be more wrong. 

• Like 2

Someone just made a very good point on another site.Young is not good enough for Man U and the the fans think he is shit. Milner will probably hardly play for City again.Both of those were our best players....

Young wasn't very good for us in his last 2 seasons in my eyes.

Couldn't we get Milner back for 10 or 12 mill. I'd be much happier with that.

kqPKqsS.png

Makes you wonder..

Not really mate.  I know what you're getting at but Alonso is a 32 yr old who will probably still be getting £100,000 a week minimum

I thought about it too but still, Xabi has been great even being 32 years old! Somethings telling me Cleverley is going to be a hit for us. At least I hope so..

true but Alonso will have no sell on value.

Someone just made a very good point on another site.Young is not good enough for Man U and the the fans think he is shit. Milner will probably hardly play for City again.Both of those were our best players....

Young wasn't very good for us in his last 2 seasons in my eyes.

Couldn't we get Milner back for 10 or 12 mill. I'd be much happier with that.

Milner would be great a far better option aswell and he did enjoy his time with us it would be like someone that leaves there wife only to realise the grass isnt always greener so cleverley isnt an option for us imo Edited by villan501

Â