Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

blah blah blah blah blah

What I'm basing my comments on, is that I've seen him play in attacking roles, as well as central midfield, and he's not been as wasteful as Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia and that Grealish is still inexperienced and shouldn't be relied on to be our best attacking option. He's been poor for Man Utd, but just imagine how dreadful Gabby, Weimann and Zog would be for Man Utd. Cleverley is not a bad player. Cheers for the 'talking out my arse' and 'dribble' comments also. You're obviously a fantastic poster who has a lot of great things to say.

Apologies, was a bit wound up earlier over Cleverley as I'm not overly happy with the link, your post just frustrated me but I do take it back, you're right there was no need for my insults.

• Like 3

Gibson to me is just a one trick pony. Cleveley was very good while on loan at Wigan. an 8 mil bid does show some ambition. 

What would that one trick be?

The general consensus among Everton fans is they don't want him they want him to come here and believe Gibson is a better player who they paid a mere 500k for

United fans are saying that Gibson is a much better player than Cleverely on Redcafe

Tbh that doesn't mean much as Clevs is the current scapegoat and well as a member of Redcafe I can say that over half the post are beyond stupid. Go back to when Gibson was being sold and you'll have half the posts saying he's League 1/2 standard. 

The general consensus I found on Everton forums last year was that James McCarthy wasn't good enough for them and they didn't want him. Fair to say most of them are clueless too. 

LOL, Gibson has done bugger all at Everton. I'm no huge fan of Cleverly but he's an obvious scapegoat for United fans.

Gibo was fantastic for his first season and a half at Everton. He was a key player in their run of 14 or so matches undefeated with him in the side. For the 12/13 season they also won 52% of the matches he played in while only one 25% of those he didn't feature in. Unfortunately it is injuries that have kept him on the sidelines for so long.

As Villa fans we've been conditioned to believe 8 million is a lot of money. It's not, it's a very standard fee.

Didnt we pay that for NRC?

I don't know how he'd fit into our team. For me, Sanchez plays DM and Delph plays between him and the AM who will play behind the striker, a position we have been trying to fill for ages.

I would personally prefer to see our own starlet - Jack Grealish - have a chance to develop and show what he can do given a regular chance.

In addition to the above I'm not sure that Tom Cleverly is all that good anyway.

Do you think we might go for a striker on loan?

We should just keep this Cleverley related and anything else can go in the speculation thread. 

Thanks for the info Trent, do you have any impression on whether this is to replace any of our current players or he's coming in as another option?

Edited by a m ole

Kinda reminds of the signings we made under MON.  You know a £8m here and £6m there and we had a team of NRC's, Harewoods and Sidwells.

I actually wouldn't mind Cleverley here, if it were £2-3m but he's done nothing to prove he's worth the 'reported' £8m and for a struggling team.

Thanks Trent.

There are loads of 'ITKs' on twitter all spouting the same stuff; that a 8mil deal has been agreed. And strangely I think one man utd fan seemed to joke that PL was having a brain scan, presumably because they think it's such a great deal for them, and a few others are now saying that an assessment of TC's mental state will take place. I assume this is either because they're copying or also joking. Just shows what a load of Chinese whispers goes on on twitter, very hard to pick any facts out at all.

Â