Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Over the last few years we've cheaped out, become an awful team and had to move on a lot of those cheap signings because they weren't good enough.

I'm glad we're signing a good premiership player now and aiming higher with the quality of signings we're making.

lol

You class westwood as a good player but not cleverley?

I'd always rate our own players over completely overhyped Yernited players.

I'm really confused. I don't understand how we are signing a player that costs money?

This isn't a spectacular signing (if it even happens - no reason to believe it is??) and probably isn't one we desperately need right now (we need wingers I think!) however he will no doubt add something. He is a better player than KEA for example.

By now he should have developed a Man United brain and knows how to keep going in games and not giving up. He also has the experience of playing in some big matches and can handle immense pressures, all at a relatively young age.

Could be a good piece of business.

Over the last few years we've cheaped out, become an awful team and had to move on a lot of those cheap signings because they weren't good enough.

I'm glad we're signing a good premiership player now and aiming higher with the quality of signings we're making.

lol

I think that deserves a lol.  Rating someone higher just because they play for us seems a strange thing to do.

So will he become a good premiership player in your eyes when he signs for us?

Everton are in for him as well apparently. I wonder how people who react if Martinez signs him...

Unless he goes there and suddenly morphs into a different type of player, then my position will remain the same. We don't need him, the potential fee could be spent better.

Edited by Isa

lol

I think that deserves a lol.  Rating someone higher just because they play for us seems a strange thing to do.

So will he become a good premiership player in your eyes when he signs for us?

I'll back him and support him when he comes to us. If he delivers on the pitch for us then I'll start to rate him.

Have we had the trent nod of confirmation and white smoke

Wasn't it Trent that mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we were still in the market and Roy Keane could have a massive influence in one of our potential signings? Or have I just completely imagined that? Edited by niblot

Cleverley needs to avoid Aston Villa like a plague. He has his faults, but Villa are the least ambitious club in the league.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/tom-cleverley-£9m-bid-accepted-from-aston-villa-ssn.393991/page-30

Sad but probably true.

I.had a scan through that forum and it made my blood boil. They really are w##kers of the highest degree. We maybe having a troubled few years but we're still one of the finest football clubs in the country. And despite are European wilderness the last few years are still held in high regard on the continent Edited by Uncle Albert

This comment on the Red Cafe forum did make me chuckle though:

"It's just their idiom. If one of them won the lottery they'd go 'Bastard luck! Now I'll have to drink myself to death and talk to lots of fit birds rather than sit around and mope about Villa 24/7."

I also think that's true of some of our supporters :D

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

Cleverley needs to avoid Aston Villa like a plague. He has his faults, but Villa are the least ambitious club in the league.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/tom-cleverley-£9m-bid-accepted-from-aston-villa-ssn.393991/page-30

Sad but probably true.

I.had a scan through that forum and it made my blood boil. They really are w##kers of the highest degree. We maybe having a troubled few years but we're still one of the finest football clubs in the country. And despite are European wilderness the last few years are still held in high regard on the continent
They're such w##keys!

Beat me with the edit :)

Edited by alreadyexists

Â