Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Someone mentioned that fans groups are silent. There aren't any! Shareholders association doesn't exist. VFC disbanded when Ellis sold. Avisa also disbanded but from experience as former chairman we got dogs abuse from some factions of fans. Now there is too much apathy but also it was funny that the 8 minute protest organiser was unwilling to be known publicly unlike when we protested. We put our heads above the parapet and took all the shit when it came. Needs proper organising etc but there won't be enough support due to apathy and no one wanting to lead.

If some feel that strongly reform some sort of group and go out there and be vociferous. Don't expect others to do something unless you want to do it too.

Naz ,the problem with protests is getting enough support. I was with you Jonathan Fear, Carl Chinn, Howard wrote his report etc..we had protest meetings and they dwindled.

The problem is some fans see it as a bunch of fans getting ahead of themselves and seeking to be important....I remember being spat at, for just trying to make the club I love better.

There is only one action that will suffice.....vote with your feet, the thing anyone would do if they are getting short changed on any service you receive.

Well yes and no. As long as we keep in the premier league Villa could quite easily average 25,000 and not be bothered.  They make so much money in TV revenue, actual match day ticket sales only account for a fraction of the club's income. The only worry would be getting negative press about the thousands of empty seats. The days of dwindling crowds and managers  directly getting the sack for this are over.

Someone mentioned that fans groups are silent. There aren't any! Shareholders association doesn't exist. VFC disbanded when Ellis sold. Avisa also disbanded but from experience as former chairman we got dogs abuse from some factions of fans. Now there is too much apathy but also it was funny that the 8 minute protest organiser was unwilling to be known publicly unlike when we protested. We put our heads above the parapet and took all the shit when it came. Needs proper organising etc but there won't be enough support due to apathy and no one wanting to lead.

If some feel that strongly reform some sort of group and go out there and be vociferous. Don't expect others to do something unless you want to do it too.

Naz ,the problem with protests is getting enough support. I was with you Jonathan Fear, Carl Chinn, Howard wrote his report etc..we had protest meetings and they dwindled.

The problem is some fans see it as a bunch of fans getting ahead of themselves and seeking to be important....I remember being spat at, for just trying to make the club I love better.

There is only one action that will suffice.....vote with your feet, the thing anyone would do if they are getting short changed on any service you receive.

Well yes and no. As long as we keep in the premier league Villa could quite easily average 25,000 and not be bothered.  They make so much money in TV revenue, actual match day ticket sales only account for a fraction of the club's income. The only worry would be getting negative press about the thousands of empty seats. The days of dwindling crowds and managers  directly getting the sack for this are over.

Its not great getting 25k every game at a 42k stadium while Fox is trying to market us as a company.

Yes TRO mate - I also got spat at - called a P***I and all that stuff! Trouble is some can't vote with their feet - to them it's a way of life - it's a part of their life - supporting and following Villa. (It is mine- even though I protested I still went to the games IN SPITE OF ELLIS).

No matter how bad things are I will always go to Villa. That's just me. I'll be labelled something or other I am sure but that's thier choice - mine is to go and support regardless.

If change comes (as it did with Ellis) not due to protests but ill health (and I hope with a little psuh from us fans) then I'll welcome it and still be here.

If we go down I will still be here (as will thousands more), to me Villa is more than just being in the premier league. I actually wouldn't give a toss - it's a closed shop now and that will never change as the FFP have made the elite the elite and the rest hangers on unless a really rich benefactor comes and transforms us (within the FFP rules). 

Lerner and Lambert will be gone but Villa will be around in one form or another - you and I will also be around when they have gone - Villa to them is a business or job - to me it's as I said a  way of life - my pastime and I enjoy going down no matter how shit we are or good we are - I'm probably stupid and a prat for doing so but I don't care.

Good luck to those that want to protest and those that want to stay away - I respect them for that and I hope they respect me and others who won't stop going or supporting Villa through whatever shit we have to go through now and I am sure in the future.

Good times will come - not like those for the super rich glory hunter clubs like Chelski, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool's of this world but the Villa's of this world - the true clubs who do it the right way and not buy success. (I'll probably get lambasted by many for the last bit!).

Anyway TRO - I respect your views mate as I do everyone's - just hope we can all come through this and be happy again!  :thumb:  :D

The man is responsible for commercial growth. Getting big sponsors on board and growing the wealth we have to spend in summer. Recruiting a Director of Football so we can compete for the very best talent..

.. And we want to stop him doing this by spamming his email. Good job.

Yes, I don't imagine he has a secretary, and if he did, they wouldn't be able to delete a couple of hundred emails instantly without having to read them.  I doubt we'll even have a shirt sponsor next year now due to Tom Fox reading every email line by line.

FFS.

The man is actually Chief Executive, so is responsible for EVERYTHING at the club.

The man is responsible for commercial growth. Getting big sponsors on board and growing the wealth we have to spend in summer. Recruiting a Director of Football so we can compete for the very best talent..

.. And we want to stop him doing this by spamming his email. Good job.

Yes, I don't imagine he has a secretary, and if he did, they wouldn't be able to delete a couple of hundred emails instantly without having to read them. I doubt we'll even have a shirt sponsor next year now due to Tom Fox reading every email line by line.

FFS.

The man is actually Chief Executive, so is responsible for EVERYTHING at the club.

So if all that were true (and it more than likely isn't) it still brings me to the main point of why bother with an email protest?

Trouble is we've got a yank in charge who comes from a culture of grid iron in the States. There is no relegation there, no matter how shit you are. Only when the realization clicks in that relegation means mega financial losses will people from that background move. Hopefully, tonight is that moment.

Yes TRO mate - I also got spat at - called a P***I and all that stuff! Trouble is some can't vote with their feet - to them it's a way of life - it's a part of their life - supporting and following Villa. (It is mine- even though I protested I still went to the games IN SPITE OF ELLIS).

No matter how bad things are I will always go to Villa. That's just me. I'll be labelled something or other I am sure but that's thier choice - mine is to go and support regardless.

If change comes (as it did with Ellis) not due to protests but ill health (and I hope with a little psuh from us fans) then I'll welcome it and still be here.

If we go down I will still be here (as will thousands more), to me Villa is more than just being in the premier league. I actually wouldn't give a toss - it's a closed shop now and that will never change as the FFP have made the elite the elite and the rest hangers on unless a really rich benefactor comes and transforms us (within the FFP rules). 

Lerner and Lambert will be gone but Villa will be around in one form or another - you and I will also be around when they have gone - Villa to them is a business or job - to me it's as I said a  way of life - my pastime and I enjoy going down no matter how shit we are or good we are - I'm probably stupid and a prat for doing so but I don't care.

Good luck to those that want to protest and those that want to stay away - I respect them for that and I hope they respect me and others who won't stop going or supporting Villa through whatever shit we have to go through now and I am sure in the future.

Good times will come - not like those for the super rich glory hunter clubs like Chelski, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool's of this world but the Villa's of this world - the true clubs who do it the right way and not buy success. (I'll probably get lambasted by many for the last bit!).

Anyway TRO - I respect your views mate as I do everyone's - just hope we can all come through this and be happy again!  :thumb:  :D

Nice one Naz....yes its right, everyone has their own way of dealing with it.....and we can't all be the same on that.

UTV

Trouble is we've got a yank in charge who comes from a culture of grid iron in the States. There is no relegation there, no matter how shit you are. Only when the realization clicks in that relegation means mega financial losses will people from that background move. Hopefully, tonight is that moment.

he worked in Premier League since 2009

and the turnover of staff in the NFL is pretty high, i dont think they are scared of sacking staff, just in the post season rather than mid season

And has never been near relegation, that's my point. 

Â