Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I don't believe those figures...think he will have gone with probably less than half that. Lambrt was probably keen to get out himself - all the stress and few cards left to play....his reputation in tatters now...i will be interested to see where he goes next...

With these quoted figures in his bank account, I think he'll probably just go home

Lambert is meant to be getting a £10mil pay off according to various reports (Mat Kendrick being one) because of that 4 year deal!

Let's hope Fox isn't as hasty next time a manager isn't working out

The Guardian says £2m, which sounds more realistic, although still a self-inflicted wound, paying out money on a contract needessly granted too soon.

I agree. There is no way he was on 3 mill a year, that would likely make him one of the top half dozen paid managers in the country. There is also no way he has had the contract paid up in full. The 2 mill figure sounds realistic and is about what I would have expected.

10 million pounds, it just begs belief doesn't it. Absolutely sickening if accurate!

Zero chance Lambert was on anything close to 50k a week

Seeing as practically every outlet/journo reported it as exactly that, it's safe to say he was. McLeish was reportedly on the same.

10 million pounds, it just begs belief doesn't it. Absolutely sickening if accurate!

Zero chance Lambert was on anything close to 50k a week

Seeing as practically every outlet/journo reported it as exactly that, it's safe to say he was. McLeish was reportedly on the same.

I've never once seen anywhere report Lambert on that kind of money, until those reports today that he would get a 10m payoff (which isn't going to happen)

Gotta like Tom Fox as it stands - recommended Lambert be sacked, introduced new modern structure, is going to select new manager and Randy seems to have handed everything over to him. Happy with that.

How do you know this?

See Pat Murphy statement on new manager thread

I found it interesting he wasn't mentioned in the statement from Paul Lambert at all. Faulkner pointed out and praised.

Wonder if it's tied to him not having an assistant manager? Fox perhaps didn't rate Lambert going forward?

As I said the contract was on the table before he arrived.

No Fox love-in just yet, but it is very good that Lerner is letting him get on with running the club, and that he appears to be doing just that, we've sorley needed this kind of figure-head for a while - we've been confused who to shout at in the past, Lerner, Faulkner or Lambert - now we know who's pulling the strings and making the calls.

• Like 1

I found it interesting he wasn't mentioned in the statement from Paul Lambert at all. Faulkner pointed out and praised.

Wonder if it's tied to him not having an assistant manager? Fox perhaps didn't rate Lambert going forward?

As I said the contract was on the table before he arrived.

Could be just that Lambert only worked with Fox for 6 months ish.

Gotta like Tom Fox as it stands - recommended Lambert be sacked, introduced new modern structure, is going to select new manager and Randy seems to have handed everything over to him. Happy with that.

I am a bit wary of Fox - But he wanted to come here, and would seem to be running the club - thats a good thing - Ive criticised him for not making the change in November when Pullis\Moyes were available. With Hindsight could he have made such a big call 3 months in ?

Lets just hope he knows what he's doing....who ever the manager is - how he works with Fox is key - so if its a left field appointment give the guy a chance, Lambert looked a great appointment when it happened - looking at other clubs , many thought that sacking Adkins and bringing in pochentiti would relegate southampton......

I think a day one judgement on the new bloke might not be the best

(that said i will be howling derision if its Graham Souness , with Lee Clark as assistant)

Â