Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Just letting you guys know that Tom Fox got back to me - I'm arranging a meeting with the head of media operations to discuss our YouTube channel and video content.

Anything people want me to forward on let me know! 

Ok two things

1. Can you ask him to clarify the rule with regards to loaning players in a transfer window

2. If our net or gross spend is good or bad or compares with 10 or 11 clubs in the league

They seem to be burning issues right now

Are we even allowed to have a Head of Media Operations when we have Cleverley on loan?

• Like 3

Could he also please supply the club's main message board with some new gags? We seem to be struggling for new material. 

These gags are actually borrowed from another message board, meaning we can't get any new ones. Sorry.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Just watched the interview - Nothing there to get me enthused to be honest - he doesn't believe the poor results are all down to the manager - there lots of other stuff to ? - Like what exactly ?. I agree with often quoted phrase 'once the players cross the line for the pitch it out of the managers hands' - But he buys them, he trains them, he picks the first 11, and decides the tactics - ultimate that's his responsibility.

Don't see anything to suggest that Fox is the start of a brave new dawn - more of the same TBH.

• Like 1

Just watched the interview - Nothing there to get me enthused to be honest - he doesn't believe the poor results are all down to the manager - there lots of other stuff to ? - Like what exactly ?. I agree with often quoted phrase 'once the players cross the line for the pitch it out of the managers hands' - But he buys them, he trains them, he picks the first 11, and decides the tactics - ultimate that's his responsibility.

Don't see anything to suggest that Fox is the start of a brave new dawn - more of the same TBH.

I agree with you 100%. However, Fox will be in the position to be able to suitably support Lambert by:

- Making funds available for wage increases or loan signings

- Making provision for new player transfers

- Providing necessary training ground support (not the least of which is a suitable assistant manager!)

This will tie in with how well he can generate revenue (beyond TV money). I think this is what he is alluding to.

Remember that our last Summer window we spent sweet bugger all - and that was before he joined. If this transfer window is anything to go by, it's already an improvement over what we had back then.

difference is the players are buying into it too. So is Randy it seems if he starts spending again. 

Just letting you guys know that Tom Fox got back to me - I'm arranging a meeting with the head of media operations to discuss our YouTube channel and video content.

Anything people want me to forward on let me know!

More content similar to that of Man City's YouTube channel please, not sure how many others have seen any of it but it's brilliant

Was going to say this but was beaten to it. More funny interviews, Q&A's, training ground goals and general highlights.

Wonder if the supposed move for Dele Alli is driven by Fox. Maybe he has mentioned to Randy Lerner that you actually need to sign high potential young players that you could sell for a hefty profit in a few years. The Spurs model I guess.

It would be nice if somebody realised that you have to speculate to accumulate in this business. In fairness we've brought plenty of young players in over the last few years, just that their potential has been a bit mixed as some of them have been cheap for a reason other than their youth. 

• Like 1

Wonder if the supposed move for Dele Alli is driven by Fox. Maybe he has mentioned to Randy Lerner that you actually need to sign high potential young players that you could sell for a hefty profit in a few years. The Spurs model I guess.

It would be nice if somebody realised that you have to speculate to accumulate in this business. In fairness we've brought plenty of young players in over the last few years, just that their potential has been a bit mixed as some of them have been cheap for a reason other than their youth. 

God I hope this is true, the likes of Will Hughes, Tyrone Mings, Danny Ings, Dele Alli and Lewis Cook are there to be snapped up. Granted these are names that people have read and seen snippets of but they are the kind of high profile youngsters that give us buzz and may have great potential.

The last high profile young player we beat teams to was Okore and thats looking promising. Think a few were chasing Benteke and it was Delph and Young before that. Theres a couple more Danish super kids out there are the moment.  

Still it needs massive amount of cash to speculate to accumulate and you have to take your share of duds, we just cant afford it unless something is changing. 

I think this guy knows what he is doing. Looks like he has more long term, grass roots plans. Not subsiding to quick fix solutions, but sticking to a plan, which I do believe he has. Not caving is a good sign in my books and there was also a club up in Manchester, which stuck with a manager even when he wasn't doing so well.

Cheers

Not this shit again.  If by "not doing well" you mean finishing 2nd and winning the FA Cup, I'd happily settle for Lambert doing that badly.  Yes there were ups and down in Ferguson's first few years but as I say he managed to finish in 2nd place in his second year.  That after having won a European trophy with Aberdeen.  All in all, a bit different to Lambert.

Apparently I didn't go back far enough to realise that that this was indeed "this shit again" Do accept my appologies and rest assured, that I will be ever so carefull next time I try to comment.

I do think however, that this Fox guy does have his shit together.

Cheers

• Like 1

I think this guy knows what he is doing. Looks like he has more long term, grass roots plans. Not subsiding to quick fix solutions, but sticking to a plan, which I do believe he has. Not caving is a good sign in my books and there was also a club up in Manchester, which stuck with a manager even when he wasn't doing so well.

Cheers

Which plan is he sticking to?

Cheers

Which plan is he sticking to?

At this point, I would guess backing Lambert and his plans on the field. When a manager isn't worried about loosing his job every 5 min. they have a better chance of showing results. Slow in our case yes, but like I said, there does seem to be one. Personally, I would like to see this more overall, rather than quick fix, fickle reactions for an easy life.

Cheers

I know that all the talk from Lerner and Fox is Lambert staying, but I get the impression that Fox is a guy who would not hesitate to pull the trigger if he feels it is necessary, obviously with Lerner's blessing of course. This is no Faulkner, he looks to have a bit of steel about him.

I know that all the talk from Lerner and Fox is Lambert staying, but I get the impression that Fox is a guy who would not hesitate to pull the trigger if he feels it is necessary, obviously with Lerner's blessing of course. This is no Faulkner, he looks to have a bit of steel about him.

With Fox coming in it looks as if our long term stability/structure will not revolve around the manager, as it has done at the club for a very long time. However, my feeling is that Fox (predominantly due to Lerner too) is at least willing to give Lambert a fair crack at the whip whilst changes are being implemented.

A huge overhaul of our scouting network, the introduction of analytical staff, the search for a sporting director - a change in management does not make sense whilst these sort of things are being put in place, however as you say, I don't think he would hesitate to pull the trigger should things not work out next season and I also believe he has the power to do so should that be the case.

• Like 2

With Fox coming in it looks as if our long term stability/structure will not revolve around the manager, as it has done at the club for a very long time. However, my feeling is that Fox (predominantly due to Lerner too) is at least willing to give Lambert a fair crack at the whip whilst changes are being implemented.

Love the fact these changes are finally being implemented. Can only be a positive thing for the club.

Â