Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Fox obviously has a big role at the club, bigger than Faulkner ever did, he is pictured in our player signings and the the new contract deal with delph.

He talks a good game & he seems to know his onions.

He talks a good game yea, that's about all he does.

Personally he strikes me as a fish out of water

I don't agree that he's a fish out of water. His experience tells you that's not true. The real question is, can he market a premier league team that are becoming increasingly irrelevant?

What I want to know, when looking at our situation, is what purswaded this man to take on this job. It's not money- he could have stayed at arsenal or, given what he was doing, move into a 250-300 grand job elsewhere.

Moving into a club full of poison that has socially drifted apart at management level, he certainly has. A fish out of water, he's not.

Its his first CEO Job though - he was only commercial director at Arsenal - hiring and firing managers is all new to him. With Randy in the US he runs the show over here.

Like I say he sat on his hands when Moyes\Pullis were unemployed - he at the very least rubber stamped the 4 year contract.

He says he see things which makes him believe, the problems on the playing side aren't totally down the manager - a very odd comment indeed - it just doesn't mean anything......we haven't had an assistant manager for months - despite Lambert saying he was going to address the issue after the WBA game.

I can't back this up with anything other than a gut feeling - but I really don't see him being here long...

• Like 1

I'm quite interested too.

Apart form not sacking Lambert, what exactly has Fox done wrong so far?

Or is that a big enough thing to say he doesn't know what he's doing?

(no sarcasm at all, these are genuine questions)

Taking us for mugs. Its all PR, show us results on the pitch, not interested in the lovin for Lambert, psycho babble bullshit.  We see what goes on, on the pitch and its not pretty.

So it is purely because he hasn't sacked Lambert?

That seems strange to me. I mean, it's a valid thing to be annoyed about. It's fine to think Fox should have sacked Lambert.

But it seems strange to conclude that he is out of his depth as a result.

Especially as it is something that may well be completely out of his hands.

Like Mantis, I don't really have an opinion either way at this time.

I like what he says. he seems passionate and he seems to have some sort of plan for the club even though we might not know exactly what that is yet.

He is also effecting parts of the club behind the scenes (see what Samjp said in the AVTV thread)

Should he be putting pressure on to sack Lambert? Yeah, probably. But there's not really any way any of us can know that he isn't doing that. What if Lerner is insisting Lambert isn't getting sacked and that's the end of it?

What does Fox do then? Surely he has to back the manager. You might put it down as "PR", but he can't come out and say "I want Lambert sacked but we're stuck with him"

I don't know if he's doing a good job or not yet. But it seems quite harsh, in my opinion, to write him off as out of his depth purely because he hasn't gotten Lambert the sack (yet)

Its not about "he hasn't sacked Lambert yet." Its that I don't fall for the PR. I want to see results on the pitch, im so so bored of "the plan" I wanna see action now. No one is interested in his marketing babble, its as bad as when we used to hear it off the 'general'.

Edited by foreveryoung

But results on the pitch is down to the manager. So you're saying "it's not just about sacking Lambert" but then saying you want to see results on the pitch. Surely that's the same thing? How else, after 6 months in the job, can he influence things on the pitch?

You say you want action now? What action? Again these are real questions. I'm genuinely curious as to how he's "out of his depth"

You don't speak for everyone. I actually AM interested in his "marketing babble", if that's what you want to call it. I'm very interested in how the club is run as recently it has not been run well. So I want to know what Fox is doing to try and change that. That doesn't solely revolve around the manager, although obviously that is part of it. There's much more to running the club than hiring/firing the manager.

It seems that what you want, from what you've said above, is Fox to sack the manager and not to talk to us.

Seems a bit of a strange job spec.

His job isn't all about hiring\firing managers. - Although its probably the most important thing he will ever do  (or not as the case maybe)

If we lose to Hull, especially if we lose ugly, and if we've already lost to Chelsea, there will be such an uproar, even Cool Hand Fox will feel the pressure to make a move, or convince Lerner to. 

We've said that so many times though. If Doug was still running the place, it'd be true, but it's hard to believe these days. Nevertheless, I'm not trying to give a counsel of despair. I hate the feeling of hoping someone will lose their job, but I do hope so, and I do want us to keep banging the drum. 

This thread is **** ridiculous. I love it

It's like a zoo hospital where a gorilla needs an operation for a tumour, and there's a gallery surrounding the operation theatre filled with the gorilla's family and friends. The veterinary surgeons start cutting open the sick gorilla and upstairs in the gallery the other gorillas are going crazy screaming and banging on the windows trying to understand what's happening, but fully under the impression that the surgeons are doing something very very wrong.

CEO has one job. Watch football. If football good, press button to send banana to Paul Lambert. If football bad, press other button to send 'u r fired' note to Paul Lambert.

• Like 3

This thread is **** ridiculous. I love it It's like a zoo hospital where a gorilla needs an operation for a tumour, and there's a gallery surrounding the operation theatre filled with the gorilla's family and friends. The veterinary surgeons start cutting open the sick gorilla and upstairs in the gallery the other gorillas are going crazy screaming and banging on the windows trying to understand what's happening, but fully under the impression that the surgeons are doing something very very wrong. CEO has one job. Watch football. If football good, press button to send banana to Paul Lambert. If football bad, press other button to send 'u r fired' note to Paul Lambert.

I take it you wouldn't operate and leave the gorrilla to die ?

It's like a zoo hospital where a gorilla needs an operation for a tumour, and there's a gallery surrounding the operation theatre filled with the gorilla's family and friends. The veterinary surgeons start cutting open the sick gorilla and upstairs in the gallery the other gorillas are going crazy screaming and banging on the windows trying to understand what's happening, but fully under the impression that the surgeons are doing something very very wrong.

CEO has one job. Watch football. If football good, press button to send banana to Paul Lambert. If football bad, press other button to send 'u r fired' note to Paul Lambert.

4aa8d6f70b6354b11c3f7e1a493cd0f8401e2d75

;)  :P

• Like 4

In this case isn't the surgeon incompetent, amputates the head and sh1ts down the gorilla's neck? Then he claims that following week he'll do his best to save the next gorilla's life. 

Â