Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Trouble is we've got a yank in charge who comes from a culture of grid iron in the States. There is no relegation there, no matter how shit you are. Only when the realization clicks in that relegation means mega financial losses will people from that background move. Hopefully, tonight is that moment.

he worked in Premier League since 2009

And has never been near relegation, that's my point. 

He's not ten - he's a businessman of course he knows relegation = huge financial loss, but he's gambling, trying to protect his investment with the minimum amount of money possible. I'm hopeful the new TV deal should make it worth paying Lambert off with the hopes of turning the club around. 

Trouble is we've got a yank in charge who comes from a culture of grid iron in the States. There is no relegation there, no matter how shit you are. Only when the realization clicks in that relegation means mega financial losses will people from that background move. Hopefully, tonight is that moment.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that Randy Lerner, a man who has owned a Premier League football club since 2006, is unaware of what relegation actually means?

• Like 1

"When things aren't going well, fans bay for that type of blood," Fox said.

"That's not the way that I or the owner are going to make a decision. It's a false narrative."

Is our form over the last 20 games a false narrative to?

How about goals scored?

Nero fiddled while Rome burned, DO NOT make the same mistake

• Like 1

Do you REALLY think that they are oblivious to relegation and the financial implications of it?

I wonder if people forget that people at a football club are human beings sometimes. They're not that stupid.

Do you REALLY think that they are oblivious to relegation and the financial implications of it?

I wonder if people forget that people at a football club are human beings sometimes. They're not that stupid.

No they aren't stupid - but there have little expertise in running a top flight football club. Lerner is almost totally hands off , and Fox despite his time at Arsenal seems to be able to influence little - whether thats orders from Randy or he isn't quite sure what to do.

Got to say Fox worries me, I think his grand plan is to bring in a DOF and everything will be ok - (even if we go down this season) - To me mw its more important who those people are than what the job title is..

I read that Tom Fox said " when things are not going well, fans do bay for blood"....probably one on the understatements of all time.

That to me is a ridiculous statement that does little to promote the mans credibility as CEO

Despite the individual disapointment he may feel or Paul Lamberts job, Pauls record has been horrendous

We are talking About the future of Aston Villa Football Club here....just in case anyone has forgotten that.

Tom Fox needs to be reminded of that, when he needs to make executive decisions.

Edited by TRO

I respect him for sticking by the manager for so long, even though I think he should have sacked him sooner.

I'm also pleased he has sacked him (if it's his decision) with enough time left to save our season.

I hope he's good at appointing manager.

• Like 1

Not a great first year.

Did he have a part to play in Lambert's new deal? And then the manager is sacked soon after that ridiculos false narrative statement to the press.

Hope he is doing the business in his areas of expertise and we see revenue increase because of it.

Also hopeful he plays his part in getting a new decent manager in.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

There is a time to stick by a manager and under the right conditions is applaudable.

under the wrong conditions can be laughable.

Paul Lamberts record was laughable.

in the end we became a joke as a football club....i ain't happy that a bunch of people allowed that to happen, before acting.

Despite my relief, I'm still angry.

• Like 1

I respect him for sticking by the manager for so long, even though I think he should have sacked him sooner.

I'm also pleased he has sacked him (if it's his decision) with enough time left to save our season.

I hope he's good at appointing manager.

Now who's not making sense?

Â