Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Fox obviously has a big role at the club, bigger than Faulkner ever did, he is pictured in our player signings and the the new contract deal with delph.

He talks a good game & he seems to know his onions.

For me Fox has done the perfect interview. He's took pressure from Lambert by saying he's secure whilst at the same time stating we have to do better. Then he is supplying enough funds and players this window that Lambert has no excuses if he doesn't get us up the table. So it's a win win situation we will either be better or I think we will get a new manager by next season. Another season like the last few won't be accepted.

The Sun newspaper have had a couple of whole pages that mock us as a club.  Most of the media speak about us as a joke whenever we are mentioned and I'd imagine most football fans see us as a joke of a club.

I can't imagine any of that helps Tom Fox sell the club to potential sponsors.  I'd love to know if he really believes Lambert should be kept on or if he's just following orders from above.

The Sun newspaper have had a couple of whole pages that mock us as a club.  Most of the media speak about us as a joke whenever we are mentioned and I'd imagine most football fans see us as a joke of a club.

I can't imagine any of that helps Tom Fox sell the club to potential sponsors.  I'd love to know if he really believes Lambert should be kept on or if he's just following orders from above.

Don't forget his CEO - and intends to bring in a commercial director (assuming he's here long enough)  - He's Randy's number 2, so is a very powerful figure within the club - I wouldn't think he could fire Lambert without consulting Randy - but he could and should put the idea on the table.

Fox obviously has a big role at the club, bigger than Faulkner ever did, he is pictured in our player signings and the the new contract deal with delph.

He talks a good game yea, that's about all he does.

• Like 2

I disagree he talks a good game to be honest. Ive said this before but not recruit either Pullis or Moyes  around last November was negligent IMO - and its a lack of action that could haunt us for years to come.

Personally he strikes me as a fish out of water - I wouldn't be surprised if he is back at Arsenal before long.

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1

Personally he strikes me as a fish out of water - I wouldn't be surprised if he is back at Arsenal before long.

Based on what exactly?

• Like 2

Based on what exactly?

I wasn't expecting you to grasp it Mantis - don't worry to much

It doesn't help that Lerner sends out mixed messages whenever he speaks, and with Fox, it's not totally clear exactly what he does and how much power he has. At least with Ellis and Stride we knew what was what.

Based on what exactly?

Why? Can't you just explain your opinion instead of making sly digs?

Based on what exactly?

Why? Can't you just explain your opinion instead of making sly digs?

Because I don't to get into a Mantis v Morpheus (and others) - which ends with a ban for the other poster.    (Goodbye All !)

I'm quite interested too.

Apart form not sacking Lambert, what exactly has Fox done wrong so far?

Or is that a big enough thing to say he doesn't know what he's doing?

(no sarcasm at all, these are genuine questions)

Because I don't to get into a Mantis v Morpheus (and others) - which ends with a ban for the other poster.    (Goodbye All !)

It's called discussion - it's what happens on internet forums.

All I'm asking is what makes you think Tom Fox is out of his depth. It's not even like I have that much of a strong opinion either way on him - he hasn't been here that long and I expect most of his work takes place behind the scenes.

Edited by Mantis

I'm quite interested too.

Apart form not sacking Lambert, what exactly has Fox done wrong so far?

Or is that a big enough thing to say he doesn't know what he's doing?

(no sarcasm at all, these are genuine questions)

Taking us for mugs. Its all PR, show us results on the pitch, not interested in the lovin for Lambert, psycho babble bullshit.  We see what goes on, on the pitch and its not pretty.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Personally he strikes me as a fish out of water

I don't agree that he's a fish out of water. His experience tells you that's not true. The real question is, can he market a premier league team that are becoming increasingly irrelevant?

What I want to know, when looking at our situation, is what purswaded this man to take on this job. It's not money- he could have stayed at arsenal or, given what he was doing, move into a 250-300 grand job elsewhere.

Moving into a club full of poison that has socially drifted apart at management level, he certainly has. A fish out of water, he's not.

Â