Tom Fox

Cracker1234

CEO has one job. Watch football. If football good, press button to send banana to Paul Lambert. If football bad, press other button to send 'u r fired' note to Paul Lambert.

CEO have many job. Chief Gorilla must make sure other breeds similar to gorrilla like chimpanzee give notes with queens head to big boss man. Chief Gorilla must make deals with other gorillas to make sure supply of bananas to give to gorilla hospital workers.

• Like 1

This thread is **** ridiculous. I love it

It's like a zoo hospital where a gorilla needs an operation for a tumour, and there's a gallery surrounding the operation theatre filled with the gorilla's family and friends. The veterinary surgeons start cutting open the sick gorilla and upstairs in the gallery the other gorillas are going crazy screaming and banging on the windows trying to understand what's happening, but fully under the impression that the surgeons are doing something very very wrong.

CEO has one job. Watch football. If football good, press button to send banana to Paul Lambert. If football bad, press other button to send 'u r fired' note to Paul Lambert.

In this case isn't the surgeon incompetent, amputates the head and sh1ts down the gorilla's neck? Then he claims that following week he'll do his best to save the next gorilla's life. 

Well the surgeon is Tom Fox. That there are people in this thread who think that they know better how to be CEO of a business worth a hundred million than a man who was CFO at Arsenal during a period where they were one of the most profitable teams in the league, and are now in a superb position to take advantage of the FFP rules, is like the gorillas screaming that they'd be better at operating on their gorilla mate than a vet. 

• Like 4

Yillan has this nailed in his usual visceral manner. The recent PR push was absolutely necessary, if only as a tool to help the man sell the club to whomever he needs to sell her to, whether that be us or the CEO of Adidas.

I can understand the view of the Gorillas up in the gantry to some degree, they have watched their mate slowly die over many years now and many other surgeons have been and gone in that time, most of them charlatans, whilst the head of the hospital can't even be arsed to turn up to work anymore.

However, this latest guy comes with pedigree and succeed or fail he may be our last hope. Stop your banging and give it time.

Well the surgeon is Tom Fox. That there are people in this thread who think that they know better how to be CEO of a business worth a hundred million than a man who was CFO at Arsenal during a period where they were one of the most profitable teams in the league, and are now in a superb position to take advantage of the FFP rules, is like the gorillas screaming that they'd be better at operating on their gorilla mate than a vet.

My response was more to do with your hilarious analogy than anything else. I don't particularly have a problem with Tom fox yet, but no one is above criticism.

Seeing as we're into terrible analogies:

Bob Diamond got a pay off worth 6 million quid from Barclays. Doesn't mean he wasn't a liar and a thief on a grand scale.

The captaine of the Titanic, I'm guessing, was a better captain than I'll ever be. Still didn;t stop him ramming his ship into an iceburg.

etc.

• Like 2

Just letting you guys know that Tom Fox got back to me - I'm arranging a meeting with the head of media operations to discuss our YouTube channel and video content.

Anything people want me to forward on let me know! 

Briely mention

Lambert - relegation - hard sell

New manager - possible survival - easier sell

Just watched the interview - Nothing there to get me enthused to be honest - he doesn't believe the poor results are all down to the manager - there lots of other stuff to ? - Like what exactly ?. I agree with often quoted phrase 'once the players cross the line for the pitch it out of the managers hands' - But he buys them, he trains them, he picks the first 11, and decides the tactics - ultimate that's his responsibility.

Don't see anything to suggest that Fox is the start of a brave new dawn - more of the same TBH.

I agree with you 100%. However, Fox will be in the position to be able to suitably support Lambert by:

- Making funds available for wage increases or loan signings

- Making provision for new player transfers

- Providing necessary training ground support (not the least of which is a suitable assistant manager!)

This will tie in with how well he can generate revenue (beyond TV money). I think this is what he is alluding to.

Remember that our last Summer window we spent sweet bugger all - and that was before he joined. If this transfer window is anything to go by, it's already an improvement over what we had back then.

Once we're relegated and the above is no longer applicable.

What is Plan B?

Just watched the interview - Nothing there to get me enthused to be honest - he doesn't believe the poor results are all down to the manager - there lots of other stuff to ? - Like what exactly ?. I agree with often quoted phrase 'once the players cross the line for the pitch it out of the managers hands' - But he buys them, he trains them, he picks the first 11, and decides the tactics - ultimate that's his responsibility.

Don't see anything to suggest that Fox is the start of a brave new dawn - more of the same TBH.

I agree with you 100%. However, Fox will be in the position to be able to suitably support Lambert by:

- Making funds available for wage increases or loan signings

- Making provision for new player transfers

- Providing necessary training ground support (not the least of which is a suitable assistant manager!)

This will tie in with how well he can generate revenue (beyond TV money). I think this is what he is alluding to.

Remember that our last Summer window we spent sweet bugger all - and that was before he joined. If this transfer window is anything to go by, it's already an improvement over what we had back then.

Once we're relegated and the above is no longer applicable.

What is Plan B?

An overrated rapper

This thread is **** ridiculous. I love it

It's like a zoo hospital where a gorilla needs an operation for a tumour, and there's a gallery surrounding the operation theatre filled with the gorilla's family and friends. The veterinary surgeons start cutting open the sick gorilla and upstairs in the gallery the other gorillas are going crazy screaming and banging on the windows trying to understand what's happening, but fully under the impression that the surgeons are doing something very very wrong.

In this case isn't the surgeon incompetent, amputates the head and sh1ts down the gorilla's neck? Then he claims that following week he'll do his best to save the next gorilla's life.

but he wasn't CFO at Arsenal was he!
  • Like 1

has anybody seen the 1000 emails to fox on twitter? the plan is to bombard the bloke with complaints about Paul Lambert's employment.

I'll be sending an email this evening and I'll be cc'ing customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk for good measure in case that's not fox's email doing the rounds.

I'm sure he will take it seriously, in fact he will probably have Lambert sacked instantly..

• Like 1

has anybody seen the 1000 emails to fox on twitter? the plan is to bombard the bloke with complaints about Paul Lambert's employment.

I'll be sending an email this evening and I'll be cc'ing customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk for good measure in case that's not fox's email doing the rounds.

I want Lambert sacked as much as anyone, but that really isn't an appropriate use of an open email account. He - or somebody anyway - responded already to a poster on here about an important issue, AVTV, and he's not going to sack the manager based on a campaign of filling his inbox with spam. All this does is prove that fans can't be trusted with even meager amounts of responsibility.

• Like 2

Lovely analogy, no really, spiffing.  Except he was the chief commercial officer at Arsenal, and not chief financial officer.  The former is essentially to do with marketing deals, the latter everything financial.  And Lerner has had 'high flying' execs in before, only they didn't last long, eg Bob Kain and Richard Fitzgerald.

• Like 2

Â