Tom Fox

Cracker1234

has anybody seen the 1000 emails to fox on twitter? the plan is to bombard the bloke with complaints about Paul Lambert's employment.

I'll be sending an email this evening and I'll be cc'ing customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk for good measure in case that's not fox's email doing the rounds.

That's some pathetic shit right there. 

Agreed. Like the bloke isn't busy enough without having to sort IT changing his email address.

Well the surgeon is Tom Fox. That there are people in this thread who think that they know better how to be CEO of a business worth a hundred million than a man who was CFO at Arsenal during a period where they were one of the most profitable teams in the league, and are now in a superb position to take advantage of the FFP rules, is like the gorillas screaming that they'd be better at operating on their gorilla mate than a vet. 

Lovely analogy, no really, spiffing.  Except he was the chief commercial officer at Arsenal, and not chief financial officer.  The former is essentially to do with marketing deals, the latter everything financial.  And Lerner has had 'high flying' execs in before, only they didn't last long, eg Bob Kain and Richard Fitzgerald.

I'm sure you're making a point here. I'm certain you have some point in mind. Some summation of all that information which succinctly and comprehensively counters my argument that the average fan's understanding of what a football club CEO does day to day is so limited such that any argument about whether or not it's being done well is completely without any basis or foundation and therefore totally pointless. You just happened to have left that bit out of your post. 

Well the surgeon is Tom Fox. That there are people in this thread who think that they know better how to be CEO of a business worth a hundred million than a man who was CFO at Arsenal during a period where they were one of the most profitable teams in the league, and are now in a superb position to take advantage of the FFP rules, is like the gorillas screaming that they'd be better at operating on their gorilla mate than a vet. 

Lovely analogy, no really, spiffing.  Except he was the chief commercial officer at Arsenal, and not chief financial officer.  The former is essentially to do with marketing deals, the latter everything financial.  And Lerner has had 'high flying' execs in before, only they didn't last long, eg Bob Kain and Richard Fitzgerald.

I'm sure you're making a point here. I'm certain you have some point in mind. Some summation of all that information which succinctly and comprehensively counters my argument that the average fan's understanding of what a football club CEO does day to day is so limited such that any argument about whether or not it's being done well is completely without any basis or foundation and therefore totally pointless. You just happened to have left that bit out of your post. 

CEO position can't be that hard, Faulkner a customer services manager covered it last :)

has anybody seen the 1000 emails to fox on twitter? the plan is to bombard the bloke with complaints about Paul Lambert's employment.

I'll be sending an email this evening and I'll be cc'ing customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk for good measure in case that's not fox's email doing the rounds.

I'm sure he will take it seriously, in fact he will probably have Lambert sacked instantly..

I want Lambert sacked as much as anyone, but that really isn't an appropriate use of an open email account. He - or somebody anyway - responded already to a poster on here about an important issue, AVTV, and he's not going to sack the manager based on a campaign of filling his inbox with spam. All this does is prove that fans can't be trusted with even meager amounts of responsibility.

What responsibility do we have here then? I don't get that comment in the slightest,  the people with a responsibility for the running and progression of our club have been negligent for so long a bit of spam is minor, they're lucky they're not getting worse. As support's of our club surely it's our responsibility to ensure our club is being looked after, simple fact is it's not, hence we have a duty as fans to cause as much agro for those that aren't living up to their responsibility in the hope that they pull their fingers out.

The same could be said about Lambert's management of the club really.

Agreed. Like the bloke isn't busy enough without having to sort IT changing his email address.

Bombarding his email address is simply going to lead him to not reading them. It also isn't going to make him sack Paul Lambert. Shame really but each to their own.

I'm not under any illusions it's a petulant destructive thing to do towards the club, but what do you guys suggest? I certainly don't feel that the AVST are fit for purpose and what fan groups we do have are (in my opinion anyway) fractured and not cohesive, they're certainly not vocal on this issue, or if they are they're not shouting load enough for my satisfaction, and do any have a meaningful running dialogue/ relationship with the club? Something I also feel has been abysmal during Lerner's tenure.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that despite all the grief on social media and indeed in the ground anything will force the current chairman to act, but I guess this is where the support divides and it shows how frustrated fans are that we're trying to do something like this, I intend to make it as uncomfortable for Villa's board/management team as I can, why because something needs to be done, whether it's as simplistic as me emailing or indeed writing to the club to vocalize my displeasure.

Even if my small pathetic protest coupled with other like minded individuals accomplishes sweet FA towards the removal of Lambert from our club I'll still be glad I did it, because to do nothing and sit by hoping that something will change is to be complicit with the BS regime we have, I've been a fan for over 20 odd years and I've never felt as utterly despondent about our club as I have done the last 18 months. 

If come May the status quo remains the same and we are relegated, my small protest as in that "yeah it was a shitty attempt, but at least it was an attempt" will come as some small comfort to me, will your derision of those trying to force the boards hand come as a comfort to you?

Nothing is going to happen.

Nothing fans can do will make anything change. 

Get over it. 

You want to actually do something? 

Actually show up and make some noise at the matches. Literally our only hope.  Any other attempts to change anything is childish and will end up hurting the team more than helping it. 

Edited by electronicmaji

Get over it. 

Actually show up and make some noise at the matches. Literally our only hope.  Any other attempts to change anything is childish and will end up hurting the team more than helping it. 

With respect. That is a load of bull. I was there in 68, we didn't accept mediocrity then, and I wont now. It is possible to support the team but not those in charge. To say fans can change nothing, flies in the face of history. Fan unrest has frequently changed managers at clubs, including our own. The most recent being a certain Scotsman with Ginger hair.

• Like 4

Get over it. 

With respect. That is a load of bull. I was there in 68, we didn't accept mediocrity then, and I wont now. It is possible to support the team but not those in charge. To say fans can change nothing, flies in the face of history. Fan unrest has frequently changed managers at clubs, including our own. The most recent being a certain Scotsman with Ginger hair.

Its getting to the point of insanity that we still go to the games and support the team like everything is rosie. Wake up lads it needs action. I totally agree we got McLiesh sacked he has even admitted it himself.

Get over it. 

Who was our owner back then? 

You seem to be under the impression that the current one cares whether or not we are relegated. He really doesn't. He doesn't care at all about the club. It's fans. Whether they protest or not. 

Fine take action. Protest. Stop going to games.

It won't change anything. The owner simply does not care. If you do it until the end of the season he won't care. He will not change. Simple as that. 

But it will change one thing.

It will change the mood in the locker room and the morale of our players who are pretty shit as it is. 

It will only ensure us a relegation.

Let us be clear. There is only one person who can change any of this. He's not a man who will listen to reason. Gives a damn about what the fan thinks. Gives a damn about staying in this league. Trying to reason with him, bargain, protest, set yourself on fire in front of the stadium, bomb the damn field, will all gain the exact same response from him.

"meh" 

He simply does not care. 

Get over it.

Actually show up and make some noise at the matches. Literally our only hope. Any other attempts to change anything is childish and will end up hurting the team more than helping it.

You seem to be under the impression that the current one cares whether or not we are relegated. He really doesn't. He doesn't care at all about the club. It's fans. Whether they protest or not.

It won't change anything. The owner simply does not care. If you do it until the end of the season he won't care. He will not change. Simple as that.

It will change the mood in the locker room and the morale of our players who are pretty shit as it is.

Let us be clear. There is only one person who can change any of this. He's not a man who will listen to reason. Gives a damn about what the fan thinks. Gives a damn about staying in this league. Trying to reason with him, bargain, protest, set yourself on fire in front of the stadium, bomb the damn field, will all gain the exact same response from him.

"meh"

He simply does not care.

I disagree with you, I think if we kicked up enough fuss that it became national news we might get some sort of reaction, even if it's another biblical referenceing statement it would be something. At the very least it should ensure Lambert goes in the summer which if and it's a huge if now we survive, we have to replace him quickly and efficiently so getting the ball rolling now makes sense.

To be fair he needs to go in the summer come what may now, the decision to give him a contract has to be amongst the most moronic thing we've done in our history. I'd rank it on a par with employing McLeish

Edited by Fairy In Boots

Get over it.

Actually show up and make some noise at the matches. Literally our only hope. Any other attempts to change anything is childish and will end up hurting the team more than helping it.

"meh"

He simply does not care.

I disagree with you, I think if we kicked up enough fuss that it became national news we might get some sort of reaction, even if it's another biblical referenceing statement it would be something. At the very least it should ensure Lambert goes in the summer which if and it's a huge if now we survive, we have to replace him quickly and efficiently so getting the ball rolling now makes sense.

To be fair he needs to go in the summer come what may now, the decision to give him a contract has to be amongst the most moronic thing we've done in our history. I'd rank it on a par with employing McLeish

or sacking Barton for finishing 8th

Edited by TRO

I want Lambert sacked as much as anyone, but that really isn't an appropriate use of an open email account. He - or somebody anyway - responded already to a poster on here about an important issue, AVTV, and he's not going to sack the manager based on a campaign of filling his inbox with spam. All this does is prove that fans can't be trusted with even meager amounts of responsibility.

What responsibility do we have here then? I don't get that comment in the slightest,  the people with a responsibility for the running and progression of our club have been negligent for so long a bit of spam is minor, they're lucky they're not getting worse. As support's of our club surely it's our responsibility to ensure our club is being looked after, simple fact is it's not, hence we have a duty as fans to cause as much agro for those that aren't living up to their responsibility in the hope that they pull their fingers out.

Bombarding his email address is simply going to lead him to not reading them. It also isn't going to make him sack Paul Lambert. Shame really but each to their own.

I'm not under any illusions it's a petulant destructive thing to do towards the club, but what do you guys suggest? I certainly don't feel that the AVST are fit for purpose and what fan groups we do have are (in my opinion anyway) fractured and not cohesive, they're certainly not vocal on this issue, or if they are they're not shouting load enough for my satisfaction, and do any have a meaningful running dialogue/ relationship with the club? Something I also feel has been abysmal during Lerner's tenure.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that despite all the grief on social media and indeed in the ground anything will force the current chairman to act, but I guess this is where the support divides and it shows how frustrated fans are that we're trying to do something like this, I intend to make it as uncomfortable for Villa's board/management team as I can, why because something needs to be done, whether it's as simplistic as me emailing or indeed writing to the club to vocalize my displeasure.

Even if my small pathetic protest coupled with other like minded individuals accomplishes sweet FA towards the removal of Lambert from our club I'll still be glad I did it, because to do nothing and sit by hoping that something will change is to be complicit with the BS regime we have, I've been a fan for over 20 odd years and I've never felt as utterly despondent about our club as I have done the last 18 months. 

If come May the status quo remains the same and we are relegated, my small protest as in that "yeah it was a shitty attempt, but at least it was an attempt" will come as some small comfort to me, will your derision of those trying to force the boards hand come as a comfort to you?

In the first of these replies, you ask what your responsibility is. It's not to waste opportunities that have been given to us. I don't know if Tom Fox really reads all his emails, but if he does, then emailing him is a line into the club to sort out club issues. One poster has already taken it upon himself to organise a productive meeting with the ambition of changing AVTV. There are issues at the club that go beyond what happens on the pitch, believe it or not, and having a public-facing email address is the easiest avenue to contact the club to solve those problems. By filling his inbox with spam, all you are doing is making it impossible for anyone to contact him about any other issue in the future. 

In the second response, you make it sound like sending an email is like going on the Jarrow March. 

Listen, man, what do you think is more likely to happen? Option A - Fox reads all the junk emails, declares 'By Jove, I think they have it!', boards the next flight to America and convinces Randy to sack him, or is Option B - he simply stops reading the junk-filled email account, and decides that fan engagement was a bad idea. 

I'm not recommending we do nothing. People should stop attending matches. People should attend the matches with banners, sing 'Sack Lambert M'Lord', protest outside the ground. People should write to the local media, get in the letters page in the local newspaper, get on 606, whatever. I'm all for making a noise, but Tom Fox almost certainly doesn't have the power to sack Lambert, and he won't do it based on a campaign of inconveniencing him. 

@ Hanoi

I'd completely agree with all your suggestions at the end of your post they're indeed my preference of how to protest and I would actively take part,  the not turning up part is something I've been doing for about 18 months now, the problem is that nothing is being organised at any level by anybody (as far as I'm aware), also I'd guess like anything that actually requires effort or time from people, you get a lot of let downs.

The email thing is quick and simple and easy to get your point across, I doubt it went direct to fox anyway, more than likely a PA who will no doubt say "er ..Mr Fox they're not happy", that's all we can hope for I suppose. As I said before it's a petulant form of protest, but at least it's something, I guess I'm just not that impressed with those who rather than acknowledge our rite and need to protest, would rather take the P out of the form.

Also I'm all for greater dialogue between the club and the fans, but for me we need to act now before the Hull game rather than put questions to him on the 18th, that Hull game is a huge 6 pointer. 

Get over it. 

"meh" 

He simply does not care. 

Uncle Tom says the owner is "not a willing seller right now". I take that to mean that he still cares - so there! ;)

I'll be sending an email this evening and I'll be cc'ing customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk for good measure in case that's not fox's email doing the rounds.

This is stupid. For many reasons. Which people have covered already.

1) Fox seemingly actually responds to thoughtful emails and it has led to a meeting with a fan. This stuff will stop that happening.
2) He isn't going to sack somebody on the recommendation of people bombarding his inbox with emails.
3) It's akin to pestering a parent for something over and over again. Behaviour people usually grow out of.

For me, it's pointless, naive, petty and immature.

Someone mentioned that fans groups are silent. There aren't any! Shareholders association doesn't exist. VFC disbanded when Ellis sold. Avisa also disbanded but from experience as former chairman we got dogs abuse from some factions of fans. Now there is too much apathy but also it was funny that the 8 minute protest organiser was unwilling to be known publicly unlike when we protested. We put our heads above the parapet and took all the shit when it came. Needs proper organising etc but there won't be enough support due to apathy and no one wanting to lead.

If some feel that strongly reform some sort of group and go out there and be vociferous. Don't expect others to do something unless you want to do it too.

• Like 1

Get over it. 

"meh" 

He simply does not care. 

Flies in the face of what Lerner said when he took over though. He said that he regarded himself only as a custodian of the club, and that if he felt that it was the right thing to do he would stand aside. Incidentally,some fans said the same thing back in 68 regarding the board. We ignored them then and protested anyway, it worked. Sitting on your backside doing nowt, changes nowt  Lerner says he watches all the games by satellite, he will hear us. So altogether now 

Someone mentioned that fans groups are silent. There aren't any! Shareholders association doesn't exist. VFC disbanded when Ellis sold. Avisa also disbanded but from experience as former chairman we got dogs abuse from some factions of fans. Now there is too much apathy but also it was funny that the 8 minute protest organiser was unwilling to be known publicly unlike when we protested. We put our heads above the parapet and took all the shit when it came. Needs proper organising etc but there won't be enough support due to apathy and no one wanting to lead.

If some feel that strongly reform some sort of group and go out there and be vociferous. Don't expect others to do something unless you want to do it too.

Naz ,the problem with protests is getting enough support. I was with you Jonathan Fear, Carl Chinn, Howard wrote his report etc..we had protest meetings and they dwindled.

The problem is some fans see it as a bunch of fans getting ahead of themselves and seeking to be important....I remember being spat at, for just trying to make the club I love better.

There is only one action that will suffice.....vote with your feet, the thing anyone would do if they are getting short changed on any service you receive.

The man is responsible for commercial growth. Getting big sponsors on board and growing the wealth we have to spend in summer. Recruiting a Director of Football so we can compete for the very best talent..

.. And we want to stop him doing this by spamming his email. Good job.

Â