Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I really worry about this guy.....

He just seems like a clueless yank....

Hope he proves me wrong...

think he should have kept Lambert on?

Good god no - it worries that he didn't sack him when moyes/pullis were available...and then his daft false narrative statement....

think he should have kept Lambert on?

How did you arrive at such a minority decision, may I pray.

You have got absolutely no evidence for your, frankly xenophobic at best, comments. 

Sounds to me like you've already made your mind up though. 

Agreed I have no evidence - he just doesn't strike me as having a finger on the pulse. But  I will admit to being fickle - if he pulls the rabbit out of the hat with a good appointment and we stay up - then I will have a bit more time for the guy...

I will never really understand why Paul Faulkner and now Tom Fox get it in the neck so much. They are obviously in the public eye a lot (just spouting whatever the club wants them to say) but we don't know what they get up to behind the scenes.

I respect him for sticking by the manager for so long, even though I think he should have sacked him sooner.

I'm also pleased he has sacked him (if it's his decision) with enough time left to save our season.

I hope he's good at appointing manager.

Now who's not making sense?

What are you struggling to understand?

Lambert is meant to be getting a £10mil pay off according to various reports (Mat Kendrick being one) because of that 4 year deal!

Let's hope Fox isn't as hasty next time a manager isn't working out

No wonder he didn't throw the towel in the word removed.

Lambert is meant to be getting a £10mil pay off according to various reports (Mat Kendrick being one) because of that 4 year deal!

No wonder he didn't throw the towel in the word removed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-sack-paul-lambert-5147794

Aston Villa face having to hand Paul Lambert a staggering compensation package of up to £10million after sacking him.

Villa pulled the trigger on Lambert on Wednesday night, despite the Scot only signing a new four-year deal in September worth nearly £3m a year.

And the Midlands club, who slipped into the Premier League's bottom three on Tuesday with defeat in a six-pointer at Hull, are in line to pay 45-year-old Lambert an astonishing pay-out.

MirrorSport understands his original deal, after joining in June 2012 from Norwich, was worth well over £2m.

It did not include a compensation clause, which meant payment in full if ended early.

His new deal, which included a pay-rise after he stayed loyal when owner Randy Lerner put the club up for sale last year, is believed to be structured the same way.

No way we signed that deal with him. If we'd sold the club new owners would have had to pay a fortune to get rid of Lambert. It would make no sense and Lambert was in no position to demand such a thing.

I guess future accounts will show but I don't believe it.

The Guardian says £2m, which sounds more realistic, although still a self-inflicted wound, paying out money on a contract needessly granted too soon.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

£10m is probably just an assumption that we have to pay off the whole of his contract.

I imagine we'd have put a clause in there for this sort of scenario.

Like when Pardew had his 8 year contract at Newcastle. he wouldn't have been paid 8 years salary if they'd sacked him.

I don't believe those figures...think he will have gone with probably less than half that. Lambrt was probably keen to get out himself - all the stress and few cards left to play....his reputation in tatters now...i will be interested to see where he goes next...

Â