Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

It's always looked to me that if football was a game played with 15 men on a boggy marsh Sanchez would boss it.  Pretty grass with eleven?  Not so much.

You can't have been watching the Copa America then, because he had Lionel Messi in his pocket. That boy plays like he's floating above the grass. 

Sanchez is a fabulous destroyer. He's going to be very important for us this season and he's going to improve to the point where we are bricking it that he'll be snapped up in the summer. Remember where you read it first

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

It's always looked to me that if football was a game played with 15 men on a boggy marsh Sanchez would boss it. Pretty grass with eleven? Not so much.

You can't have been watching the Copa America then, because he had Lionel Messi in his pocket. That boy plays like he's floating above the grass.

Sanchez is a fabulous destroyer. He's going to be very important for us this season and he's going to improve to the point where we are bricking it that he'll be snapped up in the summer. Remember where you read it first

Djembe Djemba has to come good first

I'd expect him to be gone before the end of the window if I'm honest

It's always looked to me that if football was a game played with 15 men on a boggy marsh Sanchez would boss it.  Pretty grass with eleven?  Not so much.

You are correct.  I did not see him.  I did hear the legend though.  I simply meant that he's a bit of a bruiser that lacks finesse.  Maybe he thrives against more skillful and technical opponets.  Takes them off their perch somewhat.  And the PL does not have the loose hips and intricate tip toes of our Spanish and South American friends.

I cannot tell you how elated I will be if your positivty bears fruit.

How much does he really need? He last played for us on May 30th and then was starting for Colombia two weeks later and they only finished two weeks back or whatever it was. I doubt he's put on 4 stone in that timeframe.

With regards his role in the squad....we have about 3 experienced central midfielders at the club currently so I'd say he's o.k as it stands currently.

It's unfortunate he has played a significant number of games for Colombia over the last 2 summers. He is a player I really think could blossom under Sherwood, Wilkins et al, but is 2 weeks enough time to make significant progress on what is a vital part of the team? Am cautiously optimistic he can improve on last years showings. You don't mark Messi out of a game (twice) unless you have something about you.

• Like 1

There is a good player in there....but the fans who raise issues with him are right in what they see.....I think it has more to do with whats around him and his speed of thought needs to improve to the pace of the prem..... you don't get time to dally, but equally there has to be players available to pass to.

DM's are not always eye candy and by definition do not attract the same level of superlatives from the fans.

Personally, I love watching a good one( i.e Claude Makele).....I think they are essential to a good team.....there can be a case for 2 in some instances.

4231.....which is a formation i like.

Edited by TRO

Not sure you watched it either DDID

He didn't play vs Argentina ;)

• Like 1

I think he'll end up being a big player for us.

But going on last season, he has work to do to be consistent in this league. He was poor last season in quite a number of games, prone to losing the ball easily and making rash tackle that cost us.

I think eventually he'll establish himself as a first team regular. But as it stands I'd have Westwood ahead of him.

It's always looked to me that if football was a game played with 15 men on a boggy marsh Sanchez would boss it. Pretty grass with eleven? Not so much.

Not sure you watched it either DDID

He didn't play vs Argentina ;)

Oh shush. I got my tournaments and what not mixed up. I am an old man!

How much does he really need? He last played for us on May 30th and then was starting for Colombia two weeks later and they only finished two weeks back or whatever it was. I doubt he's put on 4 stone in that timeframe.

With regards his role in the squad....we have about 3 experienced central midfielders at the club currently so I'd say he's o.k as it stands currently.

Depends on whether he's discovered a Five Guys Burger outlet yet.

Man they're seriously good.

It was Neymar he had in his pocket in the Copa America. Huge season for him, I really hope he adjusts as there is obviously potential there for him to be a real midfield destroyer for us.

Tournament before was Messi? I'm sure I saw a u-toob of it. Unless I'm going bonkers.

Â